Lt. Commander
# 11
04-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
TOS bundle was around $18, and 20% of that is only $3.60. Thats what your so upset about? $3.60?
second that, who cares
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-14-2011, 01:42 PM
People need to remember that the discount isnt on the price of the Atari points, its only on the amount of points required to buy the item. Take TOS pack, since that is what the OP is so up in arms about. That normally costs 1400 points, but with the discount it only costs 1120 or something. The catch is, they only sell Atari points in increments of 500. So unless you already had 200 points, then you would STILL have to buy the 1500 point package which would STILL cost the same amount regardless of the sale.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-14-2011, 01:48 PM
But since I'd be able to get morr from it, it is cheaper.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Thats what your so upset about? $3.60?
It's not about pennies. It's about principles.

Once again, the message Cryptic were trying to deliver has been muddled by poor use of language. Despite the best efforts of myself and other posters, we never did get a definite date for the end of the 'limited time offer' nearly a month ago. Clarification at that point would have allowed customers to make an informed purchase at any point between then and now.

To compound the matter, the phrase "Purchase the Value Bundle TODAY" has returned to the C-Store. This wording was rescinded a few hours after the TOS bundle was released, and replaced with more accurate text. "Buy TODAY" is ambiguous at best, deceptive at worst; and it's disappointing to see that phrase return so soon.

The lessons learned and demonstrated by Cryptic less than a month ago have been forgotten already.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-14-2011, 01:52 PM
well i just baught the Galaxy X a day before the sale and i have to agree its alittle anoying i mean if an actual holiday was coming up soon i would have waited but "Tax Relief weekend" really?
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
TOS bundle was around $18, and 20% of that is only $3.60. Thats what your so upset about? $3.60?
money is money my man. It dosnt matter if its a penny back into our wallets, they made it out to be a special release item that would later be gone, and to take advantage of it being there. Now its on sale... again another cryptic blunder.. Id like some of my money back please
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-14-2011, 02:15 PM
It's all about the wording. "Limited time" could mean anything from a day to a month (or two). A dev also pointed out that they would give advanced notice before they would stop the bundle offer. Sales happen. We all know that there will be one for major American holidays.

I've been wrestling with myself to buy or not buy the TOS bundle pack. I wasn't expecting to see it included in the sale, but it is. Now I'm more tempted than before to pick it up.

I tend to wait for sales, but sometimes I'll buy something that I really want right away. I call it impulse control.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Since when does limited mean they won't drop the price of the bundle at any given time? The limited refers to the inclusion of those extra items in the bundle.

If you had read the forums, you would have known that dstahl had hinted at an upcoming sale. I've bought many items full price and I don't regret it. If I can't afford something, I don't buy it at the price and wait for a sale. It's the same for anything.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
People need to remember that the discount isnt on the price of the Atari points, its only on the amount of points required to buy the item. Take TOS pack, since that is what the OP is so up in arms about. That normally costs 1400 points, but with the discount it only costs 1120 or something. The catch is, they only sell Atari points in increments of 500. So unless you already had 200 points, then you would STILL have to buy the 1500 point package which would STILL cost the same amount regardless of the sale.
Consumer pedantry here, but you CAN buy 400 point bundles from:

http://www.testdriveunlimited2.com/ataritokencards

So, 3x400 = 1200 points is a possibility.

And there's always points left over. That's how they sell you more of them - Sunk Cost fallacy and all that.
Closed Thread