Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
04-16-2011, 08:23 AM
They never include the latest item that was released.

the latest item is the bajoran uniform, and that is excluded from the sale.

so what's the problem?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
04-16-2011, 08:29 AM
They never include the newest big ticket items, until now.

Like the ships and the bundle packs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
04-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
They never include the newest big ticket items, until now.

Like the ships and the bundle packs.
Yes... and thats a GOOD thing, it means LOTS of people are getting things for CHEAPER.

The fact you decided to impulse buy is your problem and nobody elses. If you are old enough to play the game, you are old enough to take responsibilty for your actions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
04-16-2011, 08:40 AM
I bought the TOS bundle when it became available too. I have absolutely no issues with it being part of the sale now. I expected the latest addition to the store to be full price, and it was (bajoran uniforms).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
04-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
Yes... and thats a GOOD thing, it means LOTS of people are getting things for CHEAPER.
Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
The fact you decided to impulse buy is your problem and nobody elses. If you are old enough to play the game, you are old enough to take responsibilty for your actions.
I did not impulse buy, I spent days calculating and considering. Than took my action based on there record. They decided to go ahead and use marketing to get people to waste money, unfortunately long term that is why they are small.

They treat customers poorly and those customers don't ever want to do business with them again, thats my perogative. I will give them feedback regarding their poor, sickening behavior. I have never had a company be this abusive towards its customers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
04-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post

They treat customers poorly and those customers don't ever want to do business with them again, thats my perogative. I will give them feedback regarding their poor, sickening behavior. I have never had a company be this abusive towards its customers.
So I take it you will be leaving the game then? Because if you are paying a monthly sub, that means you will be doing business with them still.

As I have stated before, I find Cryptics business practices 'shady', but it is no more shady than the same practices carried out the world over by millions of other businesses. (if you have never heard of this kind of thing before,.. then you have lived a sheltered life...)

It is always a bonus when a company treats its customers favourably (and can even lead to them making more money) but you should not be suprised when this kind of thing happens, because it is pretty much the norm.

You can complain and that is your right, and I can offer my own opinion, that is also my right
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
04-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
So I take it you will be leaving the game then? Because if you are paying a monthly sub, that means you will be doing business with them still.
No, I'm an LTSer (fortunately for them, I probably would have left months ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
As I have stated before, I find Cryptics business practices 'shady', but it is no more shady than the same practices carried out the world over by millions of other businesses. (if you have never heard of this kind of thing before,.. then you have lived a sheltered life...)
No, I don't have a sheltered life, I have never had a business repeatedly treat me like such dirt.

And I disagree that it is this common.

Poor service may not be uncommon, but I have never had a company deliver such poor quality product and service of this magnitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
It is always a bonus when a company treats its customers favourably (and can even lead to them making more money) but you should not be suprised when this kind of thing happens, because it is pretty much the norm.
It isn't a bonus for a company to treat me well, I have always either had a good product or good service, perhaps you have had bad luck with businesses but that is no excuse for them to treat customer poorly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
You can complain and that is your right, and I can offer my own opinion, that is also my right
I'm well aware of that, but I disagree with some of your opinion and will voice that disagreement.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
04-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
People need to remember that the discount isnt on the price of the Atari points, its only on the amount of points required to buy the item. Take TOS pack, since that is what the OP is so up in arms about. That normally costs 1400 points, but with the discount it only costs 1120 or something. The catch is, they only sell Atari points in increments of 500. So unless you already had 200 points, then you would STILL have to buy the 1500 point package which would STILL cost the same amount regardless of the sale.
true...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
money is money my man. It dosnt matter if its a penny back into our wallets, they made it out to be a special release item that would later be gone, and to take advantage of it being there. Now its on sale... again another cryptic blunder.. Id like some of my money back please
no, i looked at the wording, only says limited time. it never, not once gives an actual time. Folks draw their own conclusions on that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck
Because it's a business.
They aren't just making the game to be your best friend, they are also making it to reach into your pocket and remove the money you have in there, then transfer it into their pocket.
Thats just the way things work, the way to win at that game is to hold on to your money, and keep holding it until they reduce the cost of the item you want.
they will always word an advertisement to make it seem like if you don't buy it now you will never have it.
That's what good advertising is, but the reality of the whole thing is, they will always offer the product again, not offering the product again is stupid, because thats like saying hey, I don't want to make money anymore!
the short version:
wait three months before spending on something and chances are it will either be the same price, or on sale.
wait six months and it will be on sale or half price.
wait a year and it will probably be bundled into a much better package and the cycle repeats.
yeah pretty much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
Yes... and thats a GOOD thing, it means LOTS of people are getting things for CHEAPER.
The fact you decided to impulse buy is your problem and nobody elses. If you are old enough to play the game, you are old enough to take responsibilty for your actions.
I wonder when someone was going to state the obvious. This is true of anything that has the tag "Sale" on it, no matter the market, or commodity.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
04-16-2011, 10:46 AM
I can appreciate where you are comming from, but being 'treated like dirt' is quite subjective.

To some the small amount of monetary value that 20% represends is not worth getting upset about, and then of course there is the principle that you bought the items in good faith, only to have them change the pricing structure.

When the TOS bundle came out with the tag line 'limited time offer' I responded to a post that this is an obious marketing tactic in order to get people to buy (as it makes NO sense to have a limited time offer on a digital item that can be reproduced into infinity)

I have done business with lots of organisations (and have even run one myself) and although I would not use this kind of tactic (as I like to treat customers like family) I can assure you that this kind of marketing is pretty much the norm in the business world (I am not defending it, nor saying it is 'right).

In many peoples opinion, a business is a business, and is there to make money full stop, and as long as they do not go outside of the law, they can (and in some opinions) SHOULD do whatever it takes to make as much money as possible, in the shortest time possible.

If you are not happy, you have done the right thing by voting with your feet and refusing to purchase from the c-store again.

I for one hope that the bean counters at cryptic rethink the way they do business, but this is unlikely.

As for the devs and the moderaters on the forum, I feel for them as they get the backlash from things that are essentially out of thier hands.

If you really want to make a difference you may also wish to contact the CEO of cryptic and tell him of your problems/concerns. If you are polite, it can often lead to positive change (or at least a small refund)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
04-16-2011, 11:22 AM
I get where you are coming from, but I disagree on a few points.

Overall, unless they change, I just can;t in good conscience buy anything nor recommend it to anyone.

And I think business crud like this is why Cryptic is so small and stays that way,
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:24 AM.