Lt. Commander
Heres an idea for the eventual problem about having not enough room to publish more missions due to the ten mission slot limit.

why not create a hall of fame mission section.

heres how it works:

once a mission gets enough 5 star reviews, the author has the option to have it entered in the hall of fame.

when the mission enters the hall of fame it can't be edited by the player anymore and gets migrated to cryptic's storage, a server that just holds the cream of the crop.
I know it's hard to move foundry missions, but eventually this tech will need to be put into the game at some point...at the very least so players can colabarate by swapping maps, rather than do a spreadsheet x.y.z method.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck
Heres an idea for the eventual problem about having not enough room to publish more missions due to the ten mission slot limit.

why not create a hall of fame mission section.

heres how it works:

once a mission gets enough 5 star reviews, the author has the option to have it entered in the hall of fame.

when the mission enters the hall of fame it can't be edited by the player anymore and gets migrated to cryptic's storage, a server that just holds the cream of the crop.
I know it's hard to move foundry missions, but eventually this tech will need to be put into the game at some point...at the very least so players can colabarate by swapping maps, rather than do a spreadsheet x.y.z method.
I like the idea except for the "Edit by anyone" aspect. I figure if it has enough 5-star ratings then it should be pretty good as is. I have to believe they are going to provide a way for an author who is consistently cranking out 5-star missions to keep going.

Now I definitely don't object to having the option of creating a "public" mission where if the author wishes, they could up it up to let other people work on it. The Foundry has an amazing group of people and if the people who are doing awesome missions individually had the option to collaborate on a single mission I think the dev team would have cause for some concern!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Why not make it like it works for Champions online? In that game, when you level cap a character with a subscription, you get an extra slot.

So, if you get enough 5 star reviews, you get a slot as well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2011, 02:49 AM
I think for sure we need to reward the good authors with the extra storage, my fear is seeing authors forced to delete content to make room, that would be awful, in another year or so if nothing gets deleted there will be more content in this game than any other mmo!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2011, 12:49 PM
I totally agree of course. BUT: It can NOT be a simple "Which Foundry missions did you like best" post this time.

Face it, you are on a Multi-language server. Which is something that works perfectly in EVE e.g. (and a very good example, I might add...)

A short time ago the German and French sub-forums were closed, I heard. I never visited them...
What I do know is there is one Spanish mission and at least two German missions out there that I played, that humble both Cryptic content and the content "adopted".

And I did exclude my own missions there...

I will not sacrifice two, soon three further spots just to make a translation. I would not even want to see the translations reach "Hall of Fame".

At some point in time an author says: "Enough polishing"

I would be perfectly happy to release a mission and not change it anymore, IF I knew it would stay and stay just like I made it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck
Just a question (if someone has reached it): Is it 10 Foundry slots now? I ask because on Tribble, it was 8.