Lt. Commander
ok i've been hunting this since the foundry went live but still cant find a way to increase the level of my content authoring character (noted at the creation screens as something that "can easily be changed later"...)

is there a menu i'm missing? something i've just not found? is it a typed command or something?

right now when i'm working on missions i have a captain, no Boffs and a stock miranda class ship with no abilities.. is this normal?

any help, even a "RTFM" with a helpful link to said manual would be of massive assistance!

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Currently, and as far as I know, this is the normal situation. Hopefully Cryptic will rectify it Soon™.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2011, 12:19 PM
I was able to customize my charachter by spawning a ton of borg groups, repeatedly using the kill button, collecting loot, then selling that and using it to buy a costume customization.

I got to ESD by starting a mission with a door in Sirius, then just going to sol instead of the mission.

I used my vet reward captains yacht token too, so its fun to fly an 'untargetable' shuttle with a kill switch. :p
Makes me feel like captain Braxton in an Aeon timeship.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
I was able to customize my charachter by spawning a ton of borg groups, repeatedly using the kill button, collecting loot, then selling that and using it to buy a costume customization.

I got to ESD by starting a mission with a door in Sirius, then just going to sol instead of the mission.

I used my vet reward captains yacht token too, so its fun to fly an 'untargetable' shuttle with a kill switch. :p
Makes me feel like captain Braxton in an Aeon timeship.

And just exactly how do you accomplish "spawning a ton of borg groups" ???

They should just let you edit the char at the start and grant loot as you wish. Cmon. I don't have time for this.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2011, 01:12 AM
I made a map and just placed about 50 battleships, with them spread out between each race and killed those to level up to level 16 pretty quickly.

And also got kill accolades I don't even have on my main yet...
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-15-2011, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeraphAntilles
And just exactly how do you accomplish "spawning a ton of borg groups" ???

They should just let you edit the char at the start and grant loot as you wish. Cmon. I don't have time for this.
Build a single ground map and put one "Borg Ensigns Only" group on it. Click on the green plus arrow to duplicate the group and do so until there is a message in the lower left-hand corner telling you that you have reached your limit. Then "Play Map." Once you are on it you put your mouse on the "Kill Target" button and you start clicking your mouse and hitting the tab button as fast as you can until all the Borg are dead. Collect loot to sell and kill accolade for XP.

The only reason I'm sharing this with you is it isn't an exploit. There's no reason to level up your character on Foundry. All enemies will scale down to them during test (at least I'm assuming a Cardassian Gul requires more than 125 hit points to die)
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-15-2011, 06:41 AM
I've bound the N key to target the next enemy and issue a /KillTarget command. Spamming the 'N' key never felt so good...