Lt. Commander
# 11
04-15-2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie3000
Yeah, I'm thinking that something is up with my account because it also failed on me using PayPal!
i am assuming since you had the problem that they still havent fixed the issue, we know they working on it because of this thread. it is a shame that they cant get it to work soon because there are people wanting to make purchases but are afraid to because they dont want to run into problems.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
i am assuming since you had the problem that they still havent fixed the issue, we know they working on it because of this thread. it is a shame that they cant get it to work soon because there are people wanting to make purchases but are afraid to because they dont want to run into problems.
Okay, so a clarification on what has transpired. Even though the end of my PayPal transaction ended with an error, PayPal still sent me an invoice for payment. I also saw the $239.99 deducted from my bank account. I noticed that my account did not yet read "Lifetime Subscription," so I engaged Customer Service via the chat system. They were able to positively confirm that I am now a Lifer.

I then called my bank to ask what happened. They can confirm that they processed the initial $1.00 verification transaction several times from Atari.com. However, there were no additional charges. It seems that Atari's system is croaking after they credit back the $1.00. This happened to me on two completely different credit cards through two different financial institutions.

Only the PayPal transaction worked and even then, it didn't appear to have succeeded at first. When the transaction ended, I got the following very confusing web page with a title that read "Error - Return to Merchant":

"The transaction has been completed using this token. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow."

Clicking on the link just took me back to the initial purchase page for the LTS.

Here's the kicker, though -- I've been getting errors ever since I first tried to get an LTS back in February!!! If this had been an account issue, then why was PayPal able to intermediate between my bank account and Atari? The $239.99 ultimately came from the very same account that failed consistently before! According to my bank, they never saw Atari try to charge the $239.99.

Something is seriously fubar!
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Wow, what a frustrating journey. As of my last update, my account had lapsed and the LTS I thought I had never took effect. After 5 or 6 days of wrangling with CS, I'm back online with the LTS confirmed as active.

Cryptic, please take note: Your billing system and/or CS are in serious need of an overhaul. I won't go into the rant right now, but I'm going to ask kindly for one simple (but understandably expensive) enhancement:

Please give us a phone number that we can call and talk to a live human being! PLEASE!!! Between response lag and misunderstandings, this issue dragged out far longer than necessary. I was a few hours short of just walking away from the game entirely, an action which would have cascaded to four other people canceling as well. This probably could have been fixed the very day my first request for an LTS failed.

Let me reiterate this: Your current billing and customer support system nearly led to multiple lost accounts!