Lt. Commander
# 1 Initial Patch
04-15-2011, 07:34 AM
I couldn't find an email address to write to Cryptic Studios.

I am so dissappointed with this game. I can't believe that you have to download a 4 GIG patch just to play this game. I will be closing my account and Cryptic Studio's seriously ripped me off.

I will be posting this on other forums to warn people away from this game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2011, 07:57 AM
Um..that's standard for any MMO dude. Seriously. Try any out there by now, and after so long a patch list will add up. You didn't get ripped off. When the game started it was a smaller download, they have added content improvements and additional details over a year online.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ushido
I couldn't find an email address to write to Cryptic Studios.

I am so dissappointed with this game. I can't believe that you have to download a 4 GIG patch just to play this game. I will be closing my account and Cryptic Studio's seriously ripped me off.

I will be posting this on other forums to warn people away from this game.
Try any MMO (World of ********, EVE Online, etc.); and you'll experience the same thing. It's the nature of MMOs vs ANY standalone game on your PC; MMOs are constantly being updated and added to, thus the initial install disk is always out of date.

Also, yoiu will always need an internet connection available and tthe game server will need to be on-line. Again, not a ripoff, just the nature of any MMO. (in fact go to 'warn' people on any other game ste, and they'll tell you the same, namely - "Hey dude, it's an MMO, they're ALL like that.")
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2011, 08:58 AM
----------Edited---------------
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Well, Myst Online:Uru Live didn't take that long, but then there is hardly ever an update (until recently). I look at massive, time consuming downloading and patching as a sign that there is a lot to look forward to. The longer this is taking, the more excited I get.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Smell like a troll or somebody never ever played a MMO in is life...
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-24-2011, 11:24 PM
have to agree the file do get big try uninstalling and reinstalling some times its worth it