Lt. Commander
# 151
05-17-2011, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonium View Post
Or, remove the mission after the contest is over and import its contents into a new mission, which is then ready to be completed and published properly. Your review slate will be clean.

I am literally terrified to do that at the moment. When the contest first started i originally had the map in my first mission. Well i decided to redo things and moved the penal colony and other maps into a new mission. After testing the new mission i saved it. Deleted the penal colony out of the first mission that i imported from.
The next day i logged into the new mission i had saved the night before and every was gone! Was right after the Q patch. So technically what you see in my penal colony is a quick reconstruction of what i had lost. I only had about 2 weeks to rebuild, but i believe i made it twice as good by having to remake it. Rather not try for a third time :p Appreciate the tip though Another 13 hours and ill be back to work on it.

Added a small story update last night.
Lt. Commander
# 152
05-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I was thinking a week long poll, once I have verified all of the entries. So I'll probably post the poll on Monday and let it run until next Sunday. If you want people to be able to see your city to vote on it you'll need to leave it up for the whole week.
Nagus, do you want me to put together a YouTube promo video for the contest that you can then post on the contest page?
Lt. Commander
# 153
05-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkysium View Post
I am literally terrified to do that at the moment. When the contest first started i originally had the map in my first mission. Well i decided to redo things and moved the penal colony and other maps into a new mission. After testing the new mission i saved it. Deleted the penal colony out of the first mission that i imported from.
The next day i logged into the new mission i had saved the night before and every was gone! Was right after the Q patch. So technically what you see in my penal colony is a quick reconstruction of what i had lost. I only had about 2 weeks to rebuild, but i believe i made it twice as good by having to remake it. Rather not try for a third time :p Appreciate the tip though Another 13 hours and ill be back to work on it.
That happened to me with one mission I backed up. It shouldn't be that risky to import into a new mission if you just don't erase the original.
Lt. Commander
# 154
05-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
That happened to me with one mission I backed up. It shouldn't be that risky to import into a new mission if you just don't erase the original.
actually, if you Erase the Original, you should be aware that you need to SAVE the new one first before erasing the Original, then you're in luck. i erased twice and still never lost one.
Lt. Commander
# 155
05-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Ok everyone, the thread is up:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=215730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Nagus, do you want me to put together a YouTube promo video for the contest that you can then post on the contest page?
You can do so if you like, however I do not want to include anything in the original post that may influence anyone toward any specific entry. I know you mean creating a video that shows all of the cities, but since your name would be attached to the video I just dont want to put it in the OP. But if you want to post it as a reply, go for it
Lt. Commander
# 156
05-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Ok everyone, the thread is up:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=215730

You can do so if you like, however I do not want to include anything in the original post that may influence anyone toward any specific entry. I know you mean creating a video that shows all of the cities, but since your name would be attached to the video I just dont want to put it in the OP. But if you want to post it as a reply, go for it
I gotcha. I'll put one together after the results are final.
Lt. Commander
# 157
06-01-2011, 09:52 AM
And the winner is Dixonium's Fort Pvarajat! Congrats to Dixonium for winning, and thanks to everyone who participated. I have to say I was very impressed with all of these cities and I think they each have their own unique feel and design. Great work everyone and congrats again to Dixonium

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...69#post3568569
Lt. Commander
# 158
06-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
And the winner is Dixonium's Fort Pvarajat! Congrats to Dixonium for winning, and thanks to everyone who participated. I have to say I was very impressed with all of these cities and I think they each have their own unique feel and design. Great work everyone and congrats again to Dixonium

Congratulations Dixonium!!

Lt. Commander
# 159
06-01-2011, 04:09 PM
I'll repeat all that I've said in the other thread on this. Thank you all for the kind words. I didn't expect to come out on top of this particular competition but I'm honored and delighted to have won!

I played each and every one of the missions involved in this competition and, I have to say, I'm amazed at the level of effort that everyone put into their respective cities--which is to say nothing of the advanced level of the missions themselves! There were some incredibly intricate urban environments on display here. Everyone should be proud of their work, without a doubt. Kudos to all!

The mission introducing Fort Pvarajat, of course, was simply a prelude. The setting will serve as the centerpiece of "The Breen Deviation," my next mission. I'm working hard to complete it now. Rest assured the finished episode will feature the requisite action, intrigue, mystery, and, in this case, horror. I am, as always, looking forward to your feedback.

As I told the Nagus when this contest was first launched, sometimes a little competition is just what's needed to spark great creativity and innovation. I think the Build-a-City contest really inspired some of the Foundry's best authors. Thanks to all for helping to make this competition so much fun!