Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Episode 31 - Shop Talk with Salami_Inferno | Did your question get answered?
Quote:
15 April 2011 | Join Brandon and Mark as they welcome STO Associate Producer Salami_Inferno to the show -- Steve gives us a chance to ask him some of the questions you have been submitting in AND drops some exclusive information about some new things in development; you won’t want to miss it! This week’s “Blank of the Week” is a parody video of Data set to “White and Nerdy”. The Guys also get a chance to share some of the latest news, including the announcement of the upcoming STO Podcast Summit they are going to be apart of; we hope you can all join us this weekend for some fun! Lastly, Brandon and Mark restart the “Spotlight on the Foundry” segment and review missions by @jeremy1978 and @chooch99 -- check out this link for their full reviews.

To get the missions you are making using The Foundry (Beta) featured on the show, send in the name of your mission, a brief description, and your @handle to priorityone@thequantumcafe.com. Mark and Brandon will personally test out your mission and give you feedback over the air.

Mark has a call out to all Priority One fans for your ideas based on a monthly theme! Visit this thread to submit your ideas that you would like to see implemented in the game in regards Fleet Starbases.
STREAM WHILE YOU PLAY & DOWNLOAD FOR LATER (iTUNES AND MP3):

Web: http://thequantumcafe.com/priorityone

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:

STOPriorityONE

---

After listening to the show, e-mail us at priorityone@thequantumcafe.com and let us know what you thought of the episode!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Listening at work now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the review Brandon Mission 2 "The Darkness War Brings" has been live a few days now and so far so good. BTW tell Mark the shuttle rappel is a standard special forces move, the army parachutes from planes, special forces usually chopper fast rope or rappel, the idea is the low gravity field the pilot tells your character he is placing around shuttle (which the npc boff explains ) allows you to do a combo of 25th century parachuting/rappeling in one shot minus injury- he DID explain "without injury" in the popup as to why your leaping I placed a low gravity fx under the shuttle- if any minor injury was sustained it was probably a glitch i took maybe 2 pts of dmg testing it one time and 0 dmg all others.

Also, the reason "not" to land is the shuttle then becomes a ground target for enemy artillery fire..you drop the troops off as fast as possible and bug out- that is standard procedure in a mission like this one. You only land when you have secured the DMZ and can create a perimeter to keep the vehicle somewhat secure and safe.

You guys do a great job keep it up
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Listening now Brandon.. will comment later after it's finished. Thanks for the new podcast!!

Saith, and Jolan'tru!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2011, 10:04 AM
chooch- I can understand it better now. I did take a little under 1/4 health drop, I probably didn't quite say it right at the time, it just seemed a little high up, but since have gone back and played it. It was probably just first impressions and like I said, not fully understanding it. I must be way to used to Voyager and everything landing... including a few thousand metric tonne starship! lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Actually your not the only one to wonder aboutt that Mark- i may add a line in the boff text explaining it better

Maybe i will have your boff ask why not land etc.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Hey everyone!

I listen to all of the STO related podcasts and it was fun to actually be on one, I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for the invite Brandon and Mark!

Salami Inferno
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Awesome podcast! Thanks for all the great info!

I do wish there could have been a definitive answer on the whole T5 Constitution debate, but understand fully the "hot-bed" issue that it is.

Looking forward to the next installment!

Saith, and Jolan'tru
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-15-2011, 11:13 AM
I really did not expect a direct answer to my question, however Salami's answer was based on a T1 Constitution, which revealed a great deal.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Sort of kinda. Never mentioned if the Zhukov variant was coming.