Lt. Commander
# 1 Training and Klingon Culture
04-15-2011, 05:46 PM
I've prepublished a training-focused mission on the federation side, and I was pondering porting the thing over to a Klingon version.

The problem I see with doing a dialogue lift and tweak is that the sort of training-wheels "safe" dangerous feel the mission has on the fed side seems almost comically over-safe to the battle hardened Klingon warriors.

On the fed side it is player vs "holographic Klingon drones" in a battle simulator, but that doesn't seem "right" for a Klingon version. I've toyed with the idea of captured ships filled with federation prisoners and disabled warp drives, or just regular prisoners, but I'm not feeling it. Giving over captured enemy starships for a training mission seems a waste of captured materials; not to mention a sort of dangerously stupid idea to hand a powerful piece of hardware like a starship over to prisoners.

Anyone have a good lampshade to hang a Live-fire Klingon training mission on?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Maybe going after Federation colonists? You could keep them Fed faction but recostume them in off-duty gear.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Maybe going after Federation colonists? You could keep them Fed faction but recostume them in off-duty gear.
Not bad not bad, a little "puppy stomping" edge of the moral event horizon if you're going after civilians, but reskinning gives me a couple of ideas.

The crux of what I'm throwing up against a wall is a "for-reals" training exercise with some repeatability--so having a "Emergency! Fly to this system and put down this uprising!" lampshade isn't working for me. The ideas of prisoners for training works if it was a ground mission, space mission not so much. Drones, or a Klingon Academy style simulator also aren't working for me as it takes away the "for-reals" aspect.

The other option would be either honorless Klingons or a disgraced house--which works (ish) cept that's a lot of Honorless Klingon out there then.

Other options I'm looking at and would love feedback, would be the Jeghpu'wI'--the conquored people or lower-caste Klingons looking for admittance to the warrior's ranks.
Can we use the phrase Jeghpu'wI'?

Ooooooooha! I've got it! I'll skin them as Defari repaying the debt of the feature episode!