Lt. Commander
# 1 Dekyon Particle Trace
04-16-2011, 07:23 AM
Please make this spawn less frequently or else make it useful in crafting. As far as I can tell, the ONLY thing it is used for is 1 ea for an Aegis deflector. Nothing else in the entire crafting system uses it. Yet when i get a rare trace, I get a dekyon at about a 1:5 ratio. If a rare spawns, there is a 20% chance it will be the most useless of them all.

Any dev that can fix this by (1) making dekyon a component of more craftable items or (2) reducing the spawn rate considerably will be my hero

Also, why do vertion traces spawn so infrequently? I have at least 4 of all rares on a new character and no Vertion traces. about 45 rares in all so far on this character & not a single Vertion Trace? Seems it is set to spawn way too infrequently.

It's bad enough the system is designed to require Antithoron, Chronometric, & Vertion as the only 3 that make anything "good", but then when one of those three is nearly impossible to find it just makes it worse.

Might just be poor luck on my part and there is a 10% chance of getting any one of the rares when a rare spawns, but I do a lot of farming & crafting & it seems that they do not spawn with the same frequency. My perception is that I will get 10+ dekyon traces for every 1 vertion trace I find. Is this by design or coincidence? If it's the former, PLEASE fix, if the latter, I just have to suck it up.