Lt. Commander
# 11
04-17-2011, 08:58 AM
From what I understand we should file a community ticket too.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-17-2011, 10:47 AM
I have a bad feeling about this....

If they don't recognize it as an exploit, it won't be fixed.

If they do, you'll all be banned for discussing an exploit!
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor

*Dun Dun Duuuuuuun!!!*

This is tres bizarre, but now that you mention it, I think I have seen it before in both FvF and FvK. Suddently being able to see a cloaked ship, I just took it as good fortune, now it seems other wise
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-17-2011, 11:03 AM
i was under the impression you were not supposed to talk about exploits on the forums
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Guys - you know the rules.

Anything in the PvP section will be ignored, unless you make the slightest (regardless of how warranted) derogatory comment towards to the state of affairs. Then you will be modded.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor

Catch-22, someone?
If SS allowing you to see cloaked enemies isn't a bug, there is no need for fixing. However, if it is one, then discussing it gives hints to exploiting it and any information about must be suppressed. Therefore there's no need for fixing either. Long live circular logic. ^^

Oh, and I wholeheartedly agree we need another set of uniforms before fixing SS of FAW. I'd suggest the Pre-TOS pilot uniforms coming with an extra Pre-TOS communicator, the TOS bureacrat's suit or the cardigan dress old Adm. McCoy wore in the TNG pilot. Without them the game is to be considered broken anyway!
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Well if its exploitable I don't much care any more... lol Ban hammer me I'll get more work done during the day.

Just makes the Defiant useless as far as cloak goes with all the feds spamming SS.

We stopped using it on our klings ages ago for this reason. The carrier or sci bop would SS and then non of us could Battle cloak. lol
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Yeah, people are spamming Scramble far too often lately. Instead of a counter, I think it would be nice if there was an ECCM capability (passive) so you don't rely on Sci Team all the time.

But most likely Cryptic will add somekind of counter.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Yeah, people are spamming Scramble far too often lately. Instead of a counter, I think it would be nice if there was an ECCM capability (passive) so you don't rely on Sci Team all the time.

But most likely Cryptic will add somekind of counter.
3 Common Sense things would fix SS...

1) Scramble Immunity after expire just like a stun... Call it Hardend Sensors or what ever.

2) Viral Matrix is a Sensor Probe ability it has a 90 degree arc.... SS is a Sensor Probe ability. It should have a 90 degree arc as well

3) Jam sensors used to jam for WAY too long and be WAY to hard to break. It was fixed. SS needs a duration reduction. 30seconds seems a bit extreme to me... 15-20 seconds seems about right for version 3.

Honestly the random target jumping of SS 3... if the duration doesn't change that would have too. A duration closer to 15 seconds or so might make that mechanic less OP.

Now of course there is the issue of SS completely DESTROYING the usefulness of cloaking ships. However I don't expect Cryptic will ever fix that one. Bottom Line SS is a Fed only skill, it makes cloaking pointless, it does make the Defiant Rs cloak worthless as well, its just not as big a deal fed side.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-21-2011, 05:44 AM
Part of the fun of FvK is earning ones fishing licence - gone! Noooo.....
Closed Thread