Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Hello everybody. I just published my first Foundry mission, A Vulcan Safari. Be sure to try it out and let me know what you think. Thanks. Enjoy.

Update: I've updated the original version of the mission and as of this post have successfully published the new version and it's called An Updated Vulcan Safari. It's better than the original version so whoever reads this thread and this individual post, the orignal has been replaced by the updated version. So thanks and happy playing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2 Feedback
04-26-2011, 02:55 PM
So has anyone tried my mission out? Let me know what you think.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-27-2011, 03:34 AM
I'm going with the assumption that this is a joke mission... 2/5 stars. The story was rather poor and downright ludicrous, even for a joke story.

*SPOILERS*
I think Tribble worship is a rediculous concept... Why would borg and Romulans be on Vulcan... Worshipping tribbles? I have to say, I wasn't pleased at my Vulcan science officer's rather emotional responses - I can't say a Vulcan would be excited by Tribbles and shore leave. In future, try and leave out strong emotions if the character is a bridge officer or Vulcan NPC.

I didn't like the fact that it was a simple "Run here and kill these squads"-type mission. I don't enjoy killing six squads of ensign-Sehlats. I must also point out that the NPCs dropped out of the sky, followed by tribbles. The spawn point must have been at least 20 points too far from the ground. On another note, my character is a Federation Klingon... My first response is likely not to save the Tribbles but as not all people play Klingons I can't mark you down for this. And on another note, why is the Klingon barge of the dead buried in the sand on Vulcan?*SPOILERS END HERE*

Overall, I would say this was not an enjoyable mission but you've grasped the basics of using the Foundry tools.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4 Thanks for the Feedback
04-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle21davdson
I'm going with the assumption that this is a joke mission... 2/5 stars. The story was rather poor and downright ludicrous, even for a joke story.

*SPOILERS*
I think Tribble worship is a rediculous concept... Why would borg and Romulans be on Vulcan... Worshipping tribbles? I have to say, I wasn't pleased at my Vulcan science officer's rather emotional responses - I can't say a Vulcan would be excited by Tribbles and shore leave. In future, try and leave out strong emotions if the character is a bridge officer or Vulcan NPC.

I didn't like the fact that it was a simple "Run here and kill these squads"-type mission. I don't enjoy killing six squads of ensign-Sehlats. I must also point out that the NPCs dropped out of the sky, followed by tribbles. The spawn point must have been at least 20 points too far from the ground. On another note, my character is a Federation Klingon... My first response is likely not to save the Tribbles but as not all people play Klingons I can't mark you down for this. And on another note, why is the Klingon barge of the dead buried in the sand on Vulcan?*SPOILERS END HERE*

Overall, I would say this was not an enjoyable mission but you've grasped the basics of using the Foundry tools.
Just in case you don't know this was my first mission I created using the Foundry. And thanks for the feedback. I understand what you're saying in your post. And yes I purposely intended this mission to be joke-like, ludicrous, and funny. The thing is...I'm the kind of player who has been playing STO since it was released last February and I have always loved the Star Trek Franchise when it is witty and funny. I made this mission this way to see what I could do with it and to see people's reviews and opinions on it. So my next foundry mission is going to be more ambitious. In fact I am planning on doing two separate missions that have nothing to do with each other. A KDF mission and a FED mission both separate stories in separate places. So I will make a thread when the ideas come to my head.

BTW I like it when you guys say you didn't like something in my mission and I'm going to promise myself from now on not to get upset when you guys say something about my mission and future ones because it's just healthy criticism. So thanks for that. Although I am still proud of what I did. I'm still learning from the foundry and the internet connection I have is DSL and it's slow as crap. So when I watch tutorials on the net about the foundry it takes a long time for them to load.

But anyway thanks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-27-2011, 11:50 AM
BTW if anybody knows how to get the tribbles out of the sky let me know. And please let me know if any of you all know how to stop the NPC's from falling out of the sky. I have no idea why they do that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
OK folks I just came up with ideas for my next two missions. First for the Fedearation mission I will be doing a mission about the Mirror Universe version of the Greek Olympian Gods. Second for the Klingon mission I will be doing a mission about a Gorn Uprising.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderJackson900
BTW if anybody knows how to get the tribbles out of the sky let me know. And please let me know if any of you all know how to stop the NPC's from falling out of the sky. I have no idea why they do that.
Reduce the "Y" positions to 0. The NPCs in the first map also fall from the sky.

I wouldn't worry though... My first foundry mission was probably just as bad! :p

(Also, a Gorn uprising is a fantastic idea... It's lightyears better than... Tribbles! )
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle21davdson
Reduce the "Y" positions to 0. The NPCs in the first map also fall from the sky.

I wouldn't worry though... My first foundry mission was probably just as bad! :p

(Also, a Gorn uprising is a fantastic idea... It's lightyears better than... Tribbles! )
Oh I see. Reduce the Y positions to 0. Got it. And BTW I am going to be working on my Gorn Uprising Story for the KDF at the same time as my MU Greek God story. I already know who my main protagonist will be for the MU Greek God story...sort of. Not really going to say who though. It's going to be surprising for whoever plays it. The Gorn Uprising KDF mission will be called Velociraptors Rule Forever and the Mirror Universe Greek God Fed mission is going to be called Who Gloats for Adonais?.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9 Hit a snag.
04-27-2011, 02:30 PM
I have hit a snag. The foundry won't let me make Gorn as enemies in a KDF mission. And I can't make Klingons as enemies so I will have to put this mission on the back burner until I figure out how to do this. In the mean time I will work on my Fed mission...the Mirror Universe Greek Gods it's called Who Gloats for Adonais.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderJackson900
I have hit a snag. The foundry won't let me make Gorn as enemies in a KDF mission. And I can't make Klingons as enemies so I will have to put this mission on the back burner until I figure out how to do this. In the mean time I will work on my Fed mission...the Mirror Universe Greek Gods it's called Who Gloats for Adonais.
You could recostume other enemy squads to appear as gorn. They would use the weapons and abilities of the other species though (You would also need to change the names of each individual). Also, the foundry EULA prevents you from using any characters from the TV series if that's the surprise of your surprise protagonist; but if not, I look forward to the surprise!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 AM.