Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-17-2011, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderJackson900
Exactly what the title says. What would you do if you met another version of yourself from another universe?
First off waaaaayyyy not specific enough. :p

Is it alternate as in "evil" alternative or are things events just different while still forming to the conclusion of your "self" or is it backwards/bizzaro or what? THESE ARE IMPORTANT BITS OF INFORMATION!!!

I would ask myself about the history of his/her alternative universe. I think that would be the most fascinating thing you could learn...although it could end up being the most disappointing too. The only difference could be that your alternative self is chewing gum at the exact moment the "event" happens are you are not...too many variables..and Im thinking about it way too much. lol
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-17-2011, 02:50 AM
I could also ask my other self to bring Star Trek-DVDs from his universe along...

hmmm... the Lwaxana Troi-comedy series? Star Trek: Excelsior? Enterprise Season 5? Star Trek Season 4?
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-17-2011, 09:57 AM
I would kill him with extreme prejudice. There can be only one!
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Ah yes my alternate self....no beard at all.....disturbing to picture it

I'd probably ask the basic on what his universe was like....and if he knew a fast way to get rich :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Shake hands. Chances are he would be an antimatter version of myself so if I shook hands we would anhilate each other and most of the solar system as well. Now that would be a big bang :p

@generalmiller - Your sig is awesome!!!
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilist
Shake hands. Chances are he would be an antimatter version of myself so if I shook hands we would anhilate each other and most of the solar system as well. Now that would be a big bang :p

@generalmiller - Your sig is awesome!!!
Check my first reply. Antimatter or not if same matter touched same matter it would obliterate space time. Say for example you traveled back in time two minutes and high-fived yourself. game freakin' over. But yeah, seriously it would be fulfilling my want and need to exterminate the sudo-sentient monkeys that have so invaded this ball of dirt, anger and fossilized llama droolings, myself included.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post
Check my first reply. Antimatter or not if same matter touched same matter it would obliterate space time. Say for example you traveled back in time two minutes and high-fived yourself. game freakin' over. But yeah, seriously it would be fulfilling my want and need to exterminate the sudo-sentient monkeys that have so invaded this ball of dirt, anger and fossilized llama droolings, myself included.
Technically if that were the case, your alternate self would not have to find you to annihilate the world. he would just have to touch the matter of this universe, so basically insta bang the second he enters the universe and touches air or a surface. Which supports my theory that you are a crack-pot.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
Technically if that were the case, your alternate self would not have to find you to annihilate the world. he would just have to touch the matter of this universe, so basically insta bang the second he enters the universe and touches air or a surface. Which supports my theory that you are a crack-pot.
So this thread has no purpose then!?

Technically by that logic, one wouldn't even begin to realize that one met an alternative self b/c everything would have went boom

Either that or the things in SuperJail have been messin with your mind warden......I mean SpaceFork >_>
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
So this thread has no purpose then!?

Technically by that logic, one wouldn't even begin to realize that one met an alternative self b/c everything would have went boom

Either that or the things in SuperJail have been messin with your mind warden......I mean SpaceFork >_>
or we can assume one of 2 things.
1) There are no alternate universes.
2) Alter-Matter does not work like Anti-Matter.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
First off waaaaayyyy not specific enough. :p

Is it alternate as in "evil" alternative or are things events just different while still forming to the conclusion of your "self" or is it backwards/bizzaro or what? THESE ARE IMPORTANT BITS OF INFORMATION!!!

I would ask myself about the history of his/her alternative universe. I think that would be the most fascinating thing you could learn...although it could end up being the most disappointing too. The only difference could be that your alternative self is chewing gum at the exact moment the "event" happens are you are not...too many variables..and Im thinking about it way too much. lol
Yeah sorry about that. I mean any version of yourself: Parallel universe version, future self, past self, evil self, clone self, or opposite gender self.