Lt. Commander
# 1 VA1 Token
04-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Does what it says on the tin: levels a toon to the cap with one click. Probably 2,000 AT would be a fair price for this. It would be a nice alternative for people on their eleventeenth toon, and a welcome relief for everyone who has been putting off leveling a Klingon toon. It would be the number one top revenue generating item in the C-Store if it were available, and if it sold for a reasonable price, would foreclose any danger of paid power leveling services ever taking hold in the STO world. It would also, for what it's worth, provide a legit alternative to the infamous "grind" missions that have popped up since Foundry went live.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2011, 04:39 PM
where's the fun in that?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2011, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't buy one. There simply isn't any thing to do at max level as it is. Anyone at level cap already knows that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohNyNorMuS View Post
I wouldn't buy one. There simply isn't any thing to do at max level as it is. Anyone at level cap already knows that.
If you want to PvP, there simply isn't anything to do before level cap. Anyone at level cap already knows that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-16-2011, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
If you want to PvP, there simply isn't anything to do before level cap. Anyone at level cap already knows that.

Actually you're very much incorrect yet again. With the addition of the private que system, people of all levels and factions are able to pvp together at any time. Any truly experienced pvper already knows that. If you're just a solo player looking for some pvp check out the trek radio folks. you can type "/channel_join trekradio" to get in on the action. They love to get their pvp on all day long and into the night. Again, level cap has nothing to do with it. Try again.

Oh and while we're at it... in the year and four months i have played this game not once have i heard of a single person asking or advertising paying anyone to power level their toon. you level so fast that wouldn't make any sense. That is in over 3100 hours of game play by the way.

The only thing people are using the foundry missions for grinding is accolades. Everything in the foundry matches your level so doing missions in there is just about the same as doing missions anywhere else. You don't even get points for completing a mission, only when you kill stuff so it would take forever to level doing that.

If you don't want to grind up a character, you shouldn't be playing a mmo. plain and simple. Cryptic makes money by keeping you subbed longer. The longer it takes you to reach the level cap, the better for Cryptic, not the opposite.

No offense but none of your arguments seem logical in any way to me. I believe a better grasp of the game play or a better understanding of the game mechanics is needed to continue this discussion.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-16-2011, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohNyNorMuS View Post
Actually you're very much incorrect yet again.
"able to" =/= "it happens"

Yeah, I know about fleet PvP; I do them every Friday with my own fleet. If lowbie PvP is so abundant as you claim, then why are people struggling to level Klingon toons still griping about what a pain it is? And replaying the same mission for the fifth time (literally the SAME mission over and over, on the K side) is not what an MMO is about. Doing S.S. Azura for the eleventeenth time is not going to give me any better "understanding" of how a toon plays, even if it is a class I haven't played before.

If people are using these grind missions to level, then by definition there is a market for "power leveling," for whatever reason people want to do it. A token means more revenue to Cryptic, and less to the hands of scammers and gold farmers. And of course you haven't "heard anyone" asking for power leveling in-game. It violates the EULA, and nobody who does it is stupid enough to advertise or respond in channels where they will easily get caught by a GM. That's what the interwebz is for.

In most games where they have these, they do require that you have leveled at least one toon the old fashioned way to the level cap, and then you can use the token on any new ones. Usually you don't start to feel the need for these until you hit the third or fourth one anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-17-2011, 02:28 AM
Just curious how many toons do you have at level cap and how long have you been playing sto for? I'm sure your answers to those questions has a lot to do with your perspective and reasonings. Also, exactly which mmo's offer a reach the level cap token as long as you have already leveled one toon?