Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 111
04-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
The problem with making the Foundry a viable leveling path is that you can VERY EASILY exploit it no matter what.
Herein lies the crux of the issue. With no foundry, the federation players get one road of new content, which then then have to run and re-run again and a gain on every toon. There are little quirks which were fun the 1st time through, get annoying the 3rd or 4th time through. "Its...Too...Bright...Here..." "Hello its night time ya whiny betraying jerk!"

And for the Klingons, if the feddies have a road to endgame, they don't even have a road of their own, just a narrow mountain path.

The foundry is needed to plug the content gaps in the game. And honestly at endgame I'd rather play three random foundry mission with my character(s) than run yet another explore b-tran, or capture the same points in space. This week alone, I've fought alternative universe borg on a holodeck, debated the uplift of species, and listened to a ghost story on Risa.

The foundry need to go forward in two ways, they need to support it as a reasonable leveling mechanism and end game content generator with emblems of some sort; but they also need to take steps that instagib missions do not become the norm and thus drive away authors. Why should an author make the effort to make a mission if everyone is playing Click-Boom-Win?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 112
04-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
Why should an author make the effort to make a mission if everyone is playing Click-Boom-Win?
Quite simply, because alot of people enjoy playing good stories:

http://starbaseugc.com/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 113
04-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Quite simply, because alot of people enjoy playing good stories]
A lot more enjoy gaming the system for all it's worth.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 114
04-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
Welcome to MMOs. When things like that happen, its the Devs job to address it. But that doesnt mean they should stop making MMOs just because people game them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 115
04-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Doesn't the "play 3" non-daily Exploration mission grant 1 emblem on a 30 minute cooldown?
Why not make a "play 3" non-daily Foundry mission granting 1 emblem on a 60 minute cooldown (in addition to the daily)?

This seems like it would still be clearly more efficient to do exploration missions (especially since 3 explorations shouldn't take more than an hour) while also encouraging Foundry use at endgame.

At the very least, having a secondary mission with fewer rewards on a shorter timer would help KDF players immensely.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 116
04-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Welcome to MMOs. When things like that happen, its the Devs job to address it. But that doesnt mean they should stop making MMOs just because people game them.
And when that gaming makes the foundry filled with 90% click-wins, each with several hundred plays; while your masterwork sits alone and loveless at the bottom, or worse stuck in review; will the "love of telling a good story" still motivate the average author?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 117
04-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
And when that gaming makes the foundry filled with 90% click-wins, each with several hundred plays; while your masterwork sits alone and loveless at the bottom, or worse stuck in review; will the "love of telling a good story" still motivate the average author?
Actually, I said "alot of people enjoy playing a good story". So yes, as long as there are people who enjoy playing their missions, authors will make them. But if the Foundry isnt your thing, your completely free not to play it. No one will make you. You can sit around waiting for more content to be added while I and others enjoy the great missions people are making. Have fun with that
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 118
04-19-2011, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
And when that gaming makes the foundry filled with 90% click-wins, each with several hundred plays; while your masterwork sits alone and loveless at the bottom, or worse stuck in review; will the "love of telling a good story" still motivate the average author?
There isn't a point to click-wins when the emblems get gated by a daily. It self-corrects because it's no more effective during those 22 hours than the 45 minute missions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 119
04-19-2011, 08:03 AM
I would definitely LIKE to see Emblems added to this, in the Tribble forums it was mentioned one possible reason they don't have it in there is to limit the max number of emblems a player can accumulate in one day.

That makes sense, however I'd like to see a max limit on per day emblem accumulation that would allow the dev team to add in more ways to accumulate them. Then folks could play whatever style of missions (Foundry, PVP, Explore, etc.) they enjoy and the economy of emblems would remain consistent.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 120
04-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
I would definitely LIKE to see Emblems added to this, in the Tribble forums it was mentioned one possible reason they don't have it in there is to limit the max number of emblems a player can accumulate in one day.

That makes sense, however I'd like to see a max limit on per day emblem accumulation that would allow the dev team to add in more ways to accumulate them. Then folks could play whatever style of missions (Foundry, PVP, Explore, etc.) they enjoy and the economy of emblems would remain consistent.
I'd rather play foundry than pvp. I love it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:00 AM.