Lt. Commander
# 11
04-17-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
i vote against emblem rewards for doing UGC missions. I for one arent as "yay!" about the foundry as a lot of other people. adding that kind of a reward for doing foundry missions would make me feel forced to do them. so please, no.

thanks
I don't feel forced to pvp, because there are emblems attached to pvp. So please, yes.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-17-2011, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
I don't feel forced to pvp, because there are emblems attached to pvp. So please, yes.
guess everybody has their opinion on things. and yes, i do feel that the other missions that reward emblems in the game are more meaningful then doing foundry missions for them.

if you want to get emblems for it, at least have it be different ones for a UGC vendor. *deep sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-17-2011, 06:42 AM
Quote:
guess everybody has their opinion on things. and yes, i do feel that the other missions that reward emblems in the game are more meaningful then doing foundry missions for them.

if you want to get emblems for it, at least have it be different ones for a UGC vendor. *deep sigh*
Why?

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-17-2011, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Why?

/10char
erm, seems like an odd reply. But i guess the underlying reason for me is that foundry missions are made by people who play this game, people who's vision i dont share from time to time. ok, that aside, i can do missions that i enjoy, over and over, or i could just make myself a mission thats crazy easy *shoot one ship*, do that 3 times and get myself some free emblems. (edit) wich would be silleH
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Quote:
erm, seems like an odd reply. But i guess the underlying reason for me is that foundry missions are made by people who play this game, people who's vision i dont share from time to time. ok, that aside, i can do missions that i enjoy, over and over, or i could just make myself a mission thats crazy easy *shoot one ship*, do that 3 times and get myself some free emblems. (edit) wich would be silleH
First off, it's not an odd reply. What I'm replying to is odd, that you believe that emblems earned from a Foundry daily shouldn't be spent like real emblems.

Second, ALL dailies are doing the same mission over and over. Cryptic's implementation of dailies is absolutely lame. "Do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more..." That people are okay with this in ANY game, much less a game with a 10-year, problem-laden history is, surprising to say the least.

Finally, go ahead and make that mission. Let's see how well that works for you.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-17-2011, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
First off, it's not an odd reply. What I'm replying to is odd, that you believe that emblems earned from a Foundry daily shouldn't be spent like real emblems.

Second, ALL dailies are doing the same mission over and over. Cryptic's implementation of dailies is absolutely lame. "Do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more and get a small amount of in-game money that you can only spend here for this item that'll make it a little easier to do the same horrendously repeated content some more..." That people are okay with this in ANY game, much less a game with a 10-year, problem-laden history is, surprising to say the least.

Finally, go ahead and make that mission. Let's see how well that works for you.
ill admit i dident feel like reading your wall of text that seemed to go off into rantmode fairly quickly. i stand by what i feel is right. foundry/ugc missions should never, ever, give emblems. feel free to reply, but for me the conversation bout it ends here.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-17-2011, 07:11 AM
Quote:
ill admit i dident feel like reading your wall of text that seemed to go off into rantmode fairly quickly. i stand by what i feel is right. foundry/ugc missions should never, ever, give emblems. feel free to reply, but for me the conversation bout it ends here.
Again, why?

Also, there was no rant involved. If you look closely - you don't even have to try and read it - you'll see all the ctrl-v involved.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Quote:
You're wrong.

The Foundry mission should absolutely give emblem rewards. \

Just because you don't like the Foundry doesn't mean you should be trying to punish players who do by not giving them an appropriate reward for this daily. If you don't like the Foundry, then don't play it. Just like I don't like the Zibal daily, so I don't play that, or the Breen Hostage Daily.

The fact that you aren't willing to even read a good and well thought response to you're rather meandering and illogical arguments seems to suggest to me that you don't really care about this and are just trying to start an argument.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Quote:
So I refer you back to my earlier post; if you have a problem with foundry missions then dont do them. No one will make you.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-17-2011, 07:59 AM
I think there should be emblems given for select foundry missions. I am sure there are missions the devs really enjoy and they can give those select missions emblems. Not only do I like Nagus' idea, I think it is imperative for this. I don't think there is enough content to keep players who reached VA interested. There needs to be some more variety.

The foundry is perfect for adding some variety. I am willing to bet that there can be enough content to add emblems to in the foundry that there would be zero need to repeat the missions unless we really wanted to. Of course I really haven't played too many foundry missions, but the ones I have played have been great and a nice distraction from the typical Cryptic missions. No offense Cryptic Team!!!