Lt. Commander
# 21
04-17-2011, 08:12 AM
The skill point reward also needs to be higher, otherwise it will not be a good way to supplement your character advancement.

A uncreative and simple Sector Defense Block Mission - that is not even a Daily - yields more skill points then the Foundry Daily. If we want more people to use the Foundry and Foundry missions, the rewards must be comparable to regular content.

Emblem Reward would also be a good idea.

If Cryptic is worred about handing to out too many Emblems - they should come up with a daily Emblem Gain cap or something like that.

Without sufficient Skill POint and Emblem rewards, the new daily wrapper can neither satisfy the leveling problems particular for KDF players, nor the problem of endgame content (or at least the grind for endgame.)
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The skill point reward also needs to be higher, otherwise it will not be a good way to supplement your character advancement.

A uncreative and simple Sector Defense Block Mission - that is not even a Daily - yields more skill points then the Foundry Daily. If we want more people to use the Foundry and Foundry missions, the rewards must be comparable to regular content.

If Cryptic is worred about handing to out too many Emblems - they should come up with a daily Emblem Gain cap or something like that.

Without sufficient Skill POint and Emblem rewards, the new daily wrapper can neither satisfy the leveling problems particular for KDF players, nor the problem of endgame content (or at least the grind for endgame.)
After the ridiculously low SP rewards from the Foundry missions I have played, I won't play another Foundry mission until the SP rewards are more in-line with what you're doing.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
After the ridiculously low SP rewards from the Foundry missions I have played, I won't play another Foundry mission until the SP rewards are more in-line with what you're doing.
The idea is to enjoy new stuff, I don't mind low rewards, I just really enjoy some of the well done missions. I'm cool with a 1 emblem reward on the daily. I do not think it should be a 3 emblem reward. I actually really don't need any emblems myself and haven't done any daily missions for a bit now, I'm not saving up for anything.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post

The cap idea seems good, they could put emblems on a lot of things giving you more choices of how to earn the capped number.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-17-2011, 09:20 AM
I approved of this Message! Add them now!!! Pretty please?
ty.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-17-2011, 09:24 AM
The Negus is good, the Negus is Wise, trust the Negus. lol Yay I actually go to use that line!
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
The idea is to enjoy new stuff, I don't mind low rewards, I just really enjoy some of the well done missions. I'm cool with a 1 emblem reward on the daily. I do not think it should be a 3 emblem reward. I actually really don't need any emblems myself and haven't done any daily missions for a bit now, I'm not saving up for anything.
Of course it is about enjoyment. But there are Emblems and Skill Points in this game. There is an implication you need them for better enjoyment of the game. Otherwise, why bother with leveling or grinding for gear?

Foundry missions do not get worse if I make it to Brigade General one day on them and later can buy some Emblem gear. But I might choose to not use the Foundry missions if I cannot get that Emblem Gear (or maybe one of those Tier 5 C-Store ships?) or that Bridge General level.

This is an opportunity cost involved with playing Foundry missions - it costs you your level advancement, and at costs you Emblems. Why would this need to be? Are Foundry missions so good per default that it would be too much fun to add the level advancement and the Emblems to it?
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Add Emblems before the Foundry daily goes live!
All debate aside, I just wanted to second the Nagus's recommendation.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
I'm all for enjoying new stuff, but if there's already more content on Foundry than in the whole rest of the game, and we got developers working on stuff for the Foundry instead of other leveling content, and we aren't getting any new content until the next FE, then the rewards should be a bit closer in line to what you'd get if it was Cryptic-developed content instead of what it is now.

That being said, it's pointless in this particular topic. I see no reason why there shouldn't be emblems involved in a VA Foundry daily, and nobody can give a good reason why there shouldn't, either. They should. End of story.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-17-2011, 10:12 AM
I say yes to emblems for a foundry daily.

even if its just 1 or 2, its better than none at all in my books.