Lt. Commander
# 21
04-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
Heh, I think that really depends more on the group than the game. My first DnD group we went through the first couple sessions with no fights. Skill checks were rare, maybe once every 15 minutes or so.

I know some people don't think of themselves as playing unless they're rolling the dice. Some people never touch them and just roleplay the whole time. I tend to sit in the middle ground with equal time devoted to each. I'd be annoyed in either extreme. I think of the combat in tabletops to be there to hold the group's focus on the story and maintain realism.
Roleplaying is fine. But these guys were like doing "Twilight: The Emoing". Basically they all dressed up in black and pretended nobody liked them because they were vampires instead of nobody liking them because they were antisocial, depressing, spoiled, or had unpleasant personalities.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-17-2011, 11:06 PM
I am a roleplayer who's roleplayed table top and LARP (when someone finally decided on a way to do it effectively) for the past 37 years. When the original World of Darkness came out in the early 90's, the roleplaying group I belong to was one of the groups in our area that got in on the playtesting.

To make a long answer rather short, yes I am a card carrying member of the Deadhead Squad, as well as the other games in World of Darkness. *Chuckles* I have been and will continue to be for a long time to come. Its a lot of fun, with the right people playing.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-18-2011, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Roleplaying is fine. But these guys were like doing "Twilight: The Emoing"
Sounds like a bad group to me... but what were you doing hanging out with a bunch of teenage girls anyways?

Are you trying to take Hort's job?
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-18-2011, 03:51 AM
I used to play a Vamp in a IRC role playing channel "Kithrup del Thrope" a lot like me more of a comedian than a serious Vampire but i had fun.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilravegirl View Post
Sounds like a bad group to me... but what were you doing hanging out with a bunch of teenage girls anyways?

Hort only bothers one goth girl. :p Okay, well, two -- two goth girls. The other never writes back, though.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Vampires are for ***s.

No not gay people, ***s.

right up there with zombies and werewolves. epic ***gotery.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Vampires are for cigarettes?
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilravegirl View Post

At that point in time I was a teenage girl.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
At that point in time I was a teenage girl.
...you mean you aren't god?
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Ray, if someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!