Lt. Commander
# 11
04-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Shoosh! We're not supposed to bring facts and experience into the discussion.
Just go watch the gameplay video on youtube. BSG is totally different, nothing like the trek game. Not linking it, just look up the game name and gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
They going inforce a hard Canon timeline. It is to take place during the DS9 War. If you plain to leave to play the game. No alternate timeline goodies like the Galaxy X, TOS bridge, or anything like that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokikami View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
No real trekker doing rp would place a Constitution in the same tier as a Sovereign.
Please refrain from offensive generalizations like this.

BTT: The Gameplay Trailer looks really nice. thanks for bringing tis up again.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia
No real trekker doing rp would place a Constitution in the same tier as a Sovereign.
Please refrain from offensive generalizations like this.

BTT: The Gameplay Trailer looks really nice. thanks for bringing tis up again.
I'm not even an RPer and I wouldn't put a Connie up with a Sovereign. STIS reminds me of the DAC game that came with the Star Trek 11 Blu-ray.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-18-2011, 01:19 AM
In reference to kokikami comments at the beginning of this thread:

Now I'm not known for my diplomatic flare and have often commented on those that I think are... Well, lets not go there this time. I'm going to try and excersice for Diplomatic Flare this time! (Here goes nothing!)

Your comments are your point of view, ok fair enough I can understand that. My question is this: Why do I want to know your opinion on an open Star Trek Online forum?

I personally love the game and I can see it only getting better... Thats my opinion. So what! I buy things from the C-Store despite your imploring us not to because I like the items... Who cares?

I play this game for a get away and I do check the forum from time to time but as a community we don't need comments like that. What criptic need are constructive comments to help them build the best possible game the can, but we have to remember that its not all going to happen over night, they need time just like the rest of us need time.

Now if you don't like the game, stop plaing it and you wasted 40 (Or what ever currencey you may use). I think its 40 well spent. can you see how opinions can be different from your own yet?

(Ok that wasn't as diplomatic as I was hoping... I'm getting better!)
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-18-2011, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
Just go watch the gameplay video on youtube. BSG is totally different, nothing like the trek game. Not linking it, just look up the game name and gameplay.
They are still using the same background technology, and that at least tells us that it can do a lot graphically that most browser games can't. Their plugin basically gives your browser access to your regular hardware.

That said... I am still very skeptical. I did try the BSG game and wasn't convinced yet...
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-18-2011, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
They are still using the same background technology, and that at least tells us that it can do a lot graphically that most browser games can't. Their plugin basically gives your browser access to your regular hardware.

That said... I am still very skeptical. I did try the BSG game and wasn't convinced yet...
Looked a lot more like Star Trek D-A-C gameplay to me. Top down only arcade... I'm not anti top down, used it most in SFC, but that was mostly because of the much greater engagement ranges. i'd switch when we got close.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewby111222333 View Post
... Your comments are your point of view, ok fair enough I can understand that. My question is this: Why do I want to know your opinion on an open Star Trek Online forum?
The same question could be posed to you. Forums are supposed to be about the expression of opinions, even those that are different. I enjoy the game quite a bit in spite of some glaring flaws. I enjoy talking to people around here too, even when I don't agree.

I'm curious about this new game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokikami View Post
Either way the people at cryptic need to start delivering a game already i have lvled to max a tac, sci and eng on both factions and see no reason to play. PvP is imbalanced and new maps depending on layout and game type could make pvp more engaging and worth while. There is almost no incentive at all to lvl your captains in STO, the user generated content is meaningless as currently there are no rewards. And as I stated above there is no endgame at all, I have a really hard time calling STO a MMORPG at all.

And if STO is an apple then its a very rotted one.
If you hate it so, why are you here?
Keep sending money...
Lt. Commander
# 20 bluntly hounest!
06-05-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm going to be blunt here so don't hate on me.

but anyways, do you really think this game will even happen?

think about it, and think carefully? have you seen any and I mean it any actual Game play footage of this game.

they are doing allot of climatically hyped trailers,around, But I haven't seen hardly to none of actual game material.

I'm not hating on it just pointing out when this very game was first pitched to CBS by Perpetual yes I'm digging really far back. It was the same exact story allot of talking and pretty pictures, but no real results. I am seeing the same thing happening here with infinite space?
Closed Thread