Lt. Commander
# 1 Might get a voiced Sela Yar?
04-17-2011, 09:28 PM
I met Denise Crosby at a convention over the weekend, and I told her about how Sela Yar is a major character in the STO storyline, heck, she smiled when I commented on how Sela's ship blasted mine. Apparently, I was the second person to tell her about that, she hadn't known before hand about, and then said that she might try to contact the creators, which in this case would be Cryptic perhaps, and ask about voicing Sela again? I thought that'd be cool. Also, apparently she also helped come up with the concept of Sela, and I admit, as a 9-10 year old it took a bit for me to figure out her origin.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-17-2011, 09:43 PM
That's awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 3 It was a ok con....
04-17-2011, 09:50 PM
The panel with Gil Gerard(Buck Rogers) and Denise Crosby discussing older sci-fi vs now was great, when i pretty much said how most sci-fi shows for me growing up, 80s, and 90s, had more liking from me than most of the brief-running often quickly canceled stuff now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-17-2011, 10:04 PM
I think that might just be her being polite.

I'm not saying that she wouldn't be willing to do voice acting if asked by Cryptic, but I don't know how much I'd expect her to actually look into it and be the one to contact Cryptic about it.

I figure if Cryptic is really going to put more cinematics in the game, it might be worth it. Hell, if someone like Patrick Stewart can be persuaded appear regularly as a voice actor on American Dad and more than once on Family Guy, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the secondary actors wouldn't be willing to spend an hour in a recording booth.

I know it all has to do with money, but still, I wouldn't expect anybody they approached to be willing to make more than a minimal commitment (a single mission or arc, etc).
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreachAndClear View Post

I'm not saying that she wouldn't be willing to do voice acting if asked by Cryptic, but I don't know how much I'd expect her to actually look into it and be the one to contact Cryptic about it.
It would be silly to lie about the intention to contact Cryptic just to be "nice". It's much easier to say: "Oh cool! I'm flattered that one of my characters lives on. Okay who wants an autograph?".

Besides, an actor's gotta eat, and Denise has done sod all acting in the last couple of years. Although she did join the New Voyages crowd for a cameo role which shows she still likes being a part of Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreachAndClear View Post

I figure if Cryptic is really going to put more cinematics in the game, it might be worth it. Hell, if someone like Patrick Stewart can be persuaded appear regularly as a voice actor on American Dad and more than once on Family Guy, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the secondary actors wouldn't be willing to spend an hour in a recording booth.

I know it all has to do with money, but still, I wouldn't expect anybody they approached to be willing to make more than a minimal commitment (a single mission or arc, etc).
Very true, but it'd still be cool IF Denise Crosby would do a VO for Sela sometime in a Featured Episode arc. Maybe a remastered "Cutting the Cord."
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
It would be silly to lie about the intention to contact Cryptic just to be "nice". It's much easier to say: "Oh cool! I'm flattered that one of my characters lives on. Okay who wants an autograph?"..
People lie all the time out of politeness. She apparently had two people come up to her and comment on her character being in STO. It could have simply been an - "oh, that sounds neat, I might have to look into that" *goes home and never gives it a second thought* - kind of thing.

I could have sworn reading on these forums that someone a while back brought the game to the Tim Russ' (Tuvok) attention and that he had a similar sentiment. But I'm guessing if any discussion was ever made for his participation, then it fell through, or it never happened at all.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-17-2011, 10:41 PM
what they really want you to do is vote undine