Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet starbases
03-26-2011, 02:23 PM
I think another part of fleet starbases that would be interesting would be if they could be not only a space station, but also planets, moons, asteroids or so on. In the TOS era, Cestus three from "Arena" was a planetary starbase.

Also in Star Trek VI, Spock described Starbases and Space Stations as two separate items. It would also give some more versatility and creativity.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Hell yeahs
03-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Yeah i thought this to like possible starfleet may assign your fleet to say an out post on a planet or a moon base I would support that
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2011, 04:47 AM
I love the idea, but the development team seems to pull ideas out of their rear ends. Its probably why champions almost died and they had to buy a new ip to stay afloat.

Present ideas, but dont list canon reasons why something should be. They wont listen. They dont care about canon. At all. The game is proof of that (limited physics, the only race that seems true to IP are the Ferengi, etc)

To the devs: Just ignore the Star Trek VI reference, Fleet starbases on asteroids, planets, moons, as space stations, etc, is an epic idea. Star Wars Galaxies did it with player housing (you could place your house virtually anywhere) and EVE Online has done it with POS (which can be placed in orbit around any moon). Surely your outdated engine can handle it. After all, Star Wars Galaxies engine is even more outdated.

To the community: The problem with this issue is the crap servers that Cryptic use. If you dont give 90% of your bandwidth to STO it lags and you bunny hop and rubber band everywhere. Its an endless circle. For them to get better servers they need more subscribers. To get more subscribers they need the game to be a real Star Trek mmo, not what it is right now.

I am confident, however, we will get these. But to be honest, I dont want my fleet to construct a station designed for human and human-like races (smaller then 2.5 meters in height) but when we are inside it, it feels like it was built by hill giants.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Quote:
I love the idea, but the development team seems to pull ideas out of their rear ends. Its probably why champions almost died and they had to buy a new ip to stay afloat.

Present ideas, but dont list canon reasons why something should be. They wont listen. They dont care about canon. At all. The game is proof of that (limited physics, the only race that seems true to IP are the Ferengi, etc)

To the devs: Just ignore the Star Trek VI reference, Fleet starbases on asteroids, planets, moons, as space stations, etc, is an epic idea. Star Wars Galaxies did it with player housing (you could place your house virtually anywhere) and EVE Online has done it with POS (which can be placed in orbit around any moon). Surely your outdated engine can handle it. After all, Star Wars Galaxies engine is even more outdated.

To the community: The problem with this issue is the crap servers that Cryptic use. If you dont give 90% of your bandwidth to STO it lags and you bunny hop and rubber band everywhere. Its an endless circle. For them to get better servers they need more subscribers. To get more subscribers they need the game to be a real Star Trek mmo, not what it is right now.

I am confident, however, we will get these. But to be honest, I dont want my fleet to construct a station designed for human and human-like races (smaller then 2.5 meters in height) but when we are inside it, it feels like it was built by hill giants.
Bigger on the inside than the outside, like a Tesseract. I get what you're saying. Starbases, if they're going to be that big, they need to have more decks. Different platforms.