Lt. Commander
# 1 NPC Contacts Disappearing
04-17-2011, 03:12 PM
I've been getting reports on my recent mission (The Jem'hadar Alliance 5/6) that one of my contacts has been disappearing for people so that they can not continue the mission. Not sure if this has been reported before but wanted to report it to you guys.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-17-2011, 06:17 PM
yup I've been getting this one also. Saw it happen when I bug tested my newest one. Beaming out of the mission and then going back in seemed to be the only solution.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2011, 01:48 AM
If you're in a cumbat situation, the mission ****act can get killed in the gunfire. I've had that happen many times.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2011, 12:20 PM
I do want to be clear that these are NPC Contacts, not groups. NPC Contacts should not be coming under any fire by anyone, while groups should. The report I've been getting from some players is that the NPC Contact is not in the circle where I put him all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
If you're in a cumbat situation, the mission ****act can get killed in the gunfire. I've had that happen many times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralMurphy
I do want to be clear that these are NPC Contacts, not groups. NPC Contacts should not be coming under any fire by anyone, while groups should. The report I've been getting from some players is that the NPC Contact is not in the circle where I put him all the time.
What Eris is saying AdmiralMurphy, is that, if there is combat anywhere close to your Contact, (say within 20 meters), your contact can be killed by stray weapons fire.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Meow, right. Thankies Dave.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-18-2011, 02:08 PM
okay, so if AOE weapons can hurt contacts, that's weird. Well I'll have to work on moving that contact, though I do hope that something can be done about that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-18-2011, 04:13 PM
I mentioned it in the foundry conference with crpytic devs, so they must know about it. But that was ages ago and it still hasn't been fixed.

Although, in one of the interviews or something I definitely remember hearing Zero say that making NPC Contacts invincible was coming Soon™ so that would be the solution.

I have plenty of reviews and first hand evidence of NPC contacts taking aggro in my mission - because my mission features Orions - one of the powers that boss NPCs have is the "seduce" confuse ability which makes you target friendlies. I noticed I was shooting at NPC contacts under that state and almost killed them.

But other people I've heard can throw plasma grenades that come too close to NPC contacts - there's also the Orbital Strike I think I've seen knocks an NPC contact back out of it's thing.

Also - unrelated to that - you may be experiencing a different issue - if you have your NPC contact set to be hidden at first, but then become visible while an "objective in progress", if you finish that objective, and then move out of draw distance of the NPC, they actually beam out and don't come back (because the objective you set them to be visible for is over). So I dunno what your setup is but maybe that's an alternative reason why your NPC might be disappearing.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Yup.

Contacts can be killed. The ability to put state changes on them like unkillable or untargetable is already on the road map.

For now, well, keep your contacts safe and away from deadly situations.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Yup.

Contacts can be killed. The ability to put state changes on them like unkillable or untargetable is already on the road map.

For now, well, keep your contacts safe and away from deadly situations.
Is the ability to let them fight also on the map?