Lt. Commander
# 11
04-29-2011, 02:08 PM
I've been working on it, but there's a few things the game won't let me do.

Hazardous anomalies, for example. What I'd like are anomalies that inflict a debuff of some sort that can only be removed by completing a side mission.

I'd like to be able to introduce alien animals that you have to monitor for a period of time while they go through a series of behaviours. You could assign away team members to do this by having them stand near the animals while the rest of the team continues on. These animals might be hostile, so straying too close might lead to attack.

I'd like to have the possibility of NPCs that you can talk to who might become hostile depending on how the conversation goes.

I'm still working on it, though.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-30-2011, 06:13 AM
I wish had placeholders for making exploration missions (i.e. selecting which aliens would make sense for the mission and having wildcard dialogue to match them).

That said, the devs might have a really clever approach for exploration in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-30-2011, 01:59 PM
I'd also like to be able to make custom aliens (monsters, and other races).
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I wish had placeholders for making exploration missions (i.e. selecting which aliens would make sense for the mission and having wildcard dialogue to match them).

That said, the devs might have a really clever approach for exploration in the future.
I thought about this for the various Exploration Sector revamp threads we had on the forums.

And I thought how to do it in the Foundry, while still having something playable.
If we want to "demo" improved exploration missions, with such placeholders, one could write the mission in mind with needing such place holders.

One could either write:

"The [alien race] have attacked this colony. They are in search of [alien race object of interest]. It is unlikely they will actually find anything on the colony, but t his doesn't reduce the threat they pose to the colonists."

Or, alternatively, if we want to to make this more readable and immersive, one could just mark the place holders with a different color.

"The Borg have attacked this colony. They are in search of Omega Molecules. It is unlikely they will actually find anything on the colony, but this doesn't reduce the threat they pose to the colonists."

or

"We have detected nadion traces in the destroyed wrecks. Those are typical signs of Cardassian weapon technology."