Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
First of all: Exuse my poor english, but writing in my mothertounge is forbidden

I want to introduce our Fleet "AdAstra" infected record-video here.

We are a group of STF experts who are able to finish all STFs in under 1:30 hrs.
Our main STF guide is @volihila.
To demonstrate our skills, and to provide some fun watching, i've craeted a short video in which were doing "infected" in 25 minutes.

Some Video-related stuff:

Recorded via the /demorecord command
Demosize Total: 233 Megabytes
Edited with the Game built-in camera path editor (bit choppy)
The edited demo was captured with fraps and re-encoded to 720p resolution. Total file sizes : 103 GB
Final Video has a size of 1,3 Gigabytes
Total editing time was about 1 week

I have chosen creative Commons music for the Video, (lacks TREK feeling but prevents deletion due to copyright issuses) get it here :

http://www.jamendo.com/de/artist/Epic_Soul_Factory
http://www.jamendo.com/de/artist/SH_MUSIC_(lukhash)

Gameplay:

Groupsetup
1x Engineer
4x Tactical

And now: klick here to get to the Video!!
Please provide positive and of course negative Feedback in this thread or klick the "like" button on Youtube, or comment it, thank you!

ingame contact: @volihila, @tyya-turner
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Congrats to AdAstra on some fine demo work there!! I would surmise that is the result of more than a few hours of practice, honing team-work and some great skill.

Now, for all those crying nerf to everything STF -- THIS is how you do it. Please note that rarely in the video to you see a single person taking on a target solo. Great focus fire work.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStoney View Post
Now, for all those crying nerf to everything STF -- THIS is how you do it. Please note that rarely in the video to you see a single person taking on a target solo. Great focus fire work.
Way to miss the point of the comments on STFs

The only reason they're successful is because they've run the STF over and over and know exactly what to do and exactly where to go and exactly how to move. Fine if you're in it for rote memorization of commands, but not much fun as an actual Star Trek mission or story.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent

The only reason they're successful is because they've run the STF over and over and know exactly what to do and exactly where to go and exactly how to move. Fine if you're in it for rote memorization of commands, but not much fun as an actual Star Trek mission or story.
Actually, that IS the point of the STFs. The point of the STFs is to be difficult end game content for team players. They are designed to be completable only through coordinated teamwork. This means knowing what your role is on the team, what to do, and when to do it. If this is not something that floats your boat, you have the other 98% of STO to play. Obviously, it IS fun for them. Why else would they run it over and over? And there are plenty of others, like myself, that like to run Infected. Sure, all the STFs could use some improvement, but nerfing them is not one of them.

EDIT: nice video btw.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent

Gozer himself said STF are not design for PUG.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...7&postcount=20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
There is nothing wrong with PUG's... This isn't about PUG's. This is about STF's... STF's were never designed to be PUG friendly... Complaining that STF's are not PUG friendly is a big waste of time. It's apples and oranges..

You want apples and STF's are oranges. We made PUG friendly group missions those are called Fleet Actions... All you have to do in a fleet action is show up, it doesnt get any easier than that.

There are a bunch of things wrong with Terradome.. I've said so myself, I don't like the mission much at all. But I had nothing to do with it's creation in the first place.

As for STF's I've already stated that they are all going to get a overhaul soon.. It will make them much more pug friendly and still preserve thier design principles.. but there will still be people that don't like them, that I can promise you.

There are only 4 STF's in a game... if you don't like them.. Don't play them.. It's that simple.

MMO's are like buffets.. You have to make stuff that appeals to more than one group of people. That's why we have PVP, PVE, Fleet Actions, and STF's.

We don't expect everyone to like everything, that's impossible.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...8&postcount=16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Yes they do... which is exactly the type of groups that STF's are designed for. You have to plan, you have to know the right things to do and when, and you have to communicate with each other to succeed. If these are not things you do well, don't play these missions.

Yes.. Yes we can ignore people that try to PUG it.. when 99.9% of the rest of the missions in the game are soloable.. It's pretty simple really, if STF's frustrate you, don't play them. There are plenty of people that find them enjoyable.... End of story ...

Goz
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-22-2011, 12:52 PM
*engage nitpicking mode*

There is no Borg Queen in Infected.

*disengage nitpicking mode*
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Great speed run Ad Astra!

That looked like it was a lot of fun