Lt. Commander
So, we get the Harpengh launcher from the Doomsday Machine mission and various other freebies from other missions. Why don't we get to keep the emergency flashlight after What Lies Beneath?

I was rather disappointed when it disappeared from my inventory after the mission ended. I would haeve thought it might come in handy for other dark-ish missions like those in caves, etc.?

Also, it would be nice if the beam worked a little better (wider beam, slightly more illuminating). Right now it seems at least a little useless.

So, yeah, if the flashlight could work a little better and if we got to keep it after as a bound rare item that would be kinda' nifty.

P.S. Love the What Lies Beneath mission. One of my favorites to date. Want more like this. In terms of creativity, atmosphere, etc. Better than the usual "shoot 5 XYZPDQ" missions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2011, 01:49 PM
If you give the flashlight to a BOff before you leave the mission you can keep it. It is replayable.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGmirkin
So, we get the Harpengh launcher from the Doomsday Machine mission and various other freebies from other missions. Why don't we get to keep the emergency flashlight after What Lies Beneath?

I was rather disappointed when it disappeared from my inventory after the mission ended. I would haeve thought it might come in handy for other dark-ish missions like those in caves, etc.?

Also, it would be nice if the beam worked a little better (wider beam, slightly more illuminating). Right now it seems at least a little useless.

So, yeah, if the flashlight could work a little better and if we got to keep it after as a bound rare item that would be kinda' nifty.

P.S. Love the What Lies Beneath mission. One of my favorites to date. Want more like this. In terms of creativity, atmosphere, etc. Better than the usual "shoot 5 XYZPDQ" missions.

The Dev answer was that the flashlight effects sometimes caused problems on other maps outside that mission, so the quickest and easiest way to fix the issue was to strip it from your character after completion of the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
If you give the flashlight to a BOff before you leave the mission you can keep it. It is replayable.
Really? That seems a little quirky... Why would it let one of your BO's keep it but not your main character? Or did they just not think that far ahead? ;o)
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
The Dev answer was that the flashlight effects sometimes caused problems on other maps outside that mission, so the quickest and easiest way to fix the issue was to strip it from your character after completion of the mission.
Interesting... Wonder what kind of problems?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Put the flashlight on ur bridgeofficer before you leave the map, when you do u can now give it back to ur capt.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-27-2011, 05:42 PM
I'll give that a try
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Which makes no sense since it can't be activated in social zones like ESD.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Which makes no sense since it can't be activated in social zones like ESD.
Makes perfect sense - since the reason it can't be activated in social zones is because of the problem it causes.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-28-2011, 02:16 AM
Once you give it to your BOff you can get another and another w/o leaving the area. By the time I was done all my BOff's had flashlights, and one had two (one for me).