Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
So, we get the Harpengh launcher from the Doomsday Machine mission and various other freebies from other missions. Why don't we get to keep the emergency flashlight after What Lies Beneath?

I was rather disappointed when it disappeared from my inventory after the mission ended. I would haeve thought it might come in handy for other dark-ish missions like those in caves, etc.?

Also, it would be nice if the beam worked a little better (wider beam, slightly more illuminating). Right now it seems at least a little useless.

So, yeah, if the flashlight could work a little better and if we got to keep it after as a bound rare item that would be kinda' nifty.

P.S. Love the What Lies Beneath mission. One of my favorites to date. Want more like this. In terms of creativity, atmosphere, etc. Better than the usual "shoot 5 XYZPDQ" missions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-18-2011, 01:49 PM
If you give the flashlight to a BOff before you leave the mission you can keep it. It is replayable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGmirkin
So, we get the Harpengh launcher from the Doomsday Machine mission and various other freebies from other missions. Why don't we get to keep the emergency flashlight after What Lies Beneath?

I was rather disappointed when it disappeared from my inventory after the mission ended. I would haeve thought it might come in handy for other dark-ish missions like those in caves, etc.?

Also, it would be nice if the beam worked a little better (wider beam, slightly more illuminating). Right now it seems at least a little useless.

So, yeah, if the flashlight could work a little better and if we got to keep it after as a bound rare item that would be kinda' nifty.

P.S. Love the What Lies Beneath mission. One of my favorites to date. Want more like this. In terms of creativity, atmosphere, etc. Better than the usual "shoot 5 XYZPDQ" missions.

The Dev answer was that the flashlight effects sometimes caused problems on other maps outside that mission, so the quickest and easiest way to fix the issue was to strip it from your character after completion of the mission.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
If you give the flashlight to a BOff before you leave the mission you can keep it. It is replayable.
Really? That seems a little quirky... Why would it let one of your BO's keep it but not your main character? Or did they just not think that far ahead? ;o)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
The Dev answer was that the flashlight effects sometimes caused problems on other maps outside that mission, so the quickest and easiest way to fix the issue was to strip it from your character after completion of the mission.
Interesting... Wonder what kind of problems?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Put the flashlight on ur bridgeofficer before you leave the map, when you do u can now give it back to ur capt.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-27-2011, 05:42 PM
I'll give that a try
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
The Dev answer was that the flashlight effects sometimes caused problems on other maps outside that mission, so the quickest and easiest way to fix the issue was to strip it from your character after completion of the mission.
Which makes no sense since it can't be activated in social zones like ESD.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Which makes no sense since it can't be activated in social zones like ESD.
Makes perfect sense - since the reason it can't be activated in social zones is because of the problem it causes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-28-2011, 02:16 AM
Once you give it to your BOff you can get another and another w/o leaving the area. By the time I was done all my BOff's had flashlights, and one had two (one for me).
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:50 PM.