Lt. Commander
Specifically the Ship Requisitions Room which can be accessed via the Shipyard. In the backround, outside of the windows, a Galaxy Class and Excelsior Class are currently being displayed.. With the occasional shuttlecraft seen flying around. My idea is that instead of the Galaxy and Excelsior, something be implemented that reflects the ships that you currently have in your possession. This would add a bit of personalization to the game. I would definitely like to see something like this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Typhoon in the window plox.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2011, 09:21 PM
i think it is fine the way it is with the iconic galaxy class. instead how about to let us have a way to paddle into the starbase and from there into a private instance, where you can manuver to a docking port *insert animation and loading screen stuff* and then you can walk down a gateway, which is made of glass from your ship into the starbase.
having somehting more or less like this would be nice i guess.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torankusu
Specifically the Ship Requisitions Room which can be accessed via the Shipyard. In the backround, outside of the windows, a Galaxy Class and Excelsior Class are currently being displayed.. With the occasional shuttlecraft seen flying around. My idea is that instead of the Galaxy and Excelsior, something be implemented that reflects the ships that you currently have in your possession. This would add a bit of personalization to the game. I would definitely like to see something like this.
Except when you have dozens of people in that one room how would you figure that into it?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-18-2011, 11:52 PM
It would appear different for everyone. I would see my Starships, the person next to me would see their Starships. It's actually not all that hard to do.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-19-2011, 02:02 AM
you say that, but you're not a dev.

Stuff like this has actually been discussed a bit before, and the dev response is usually along the lines of, That won't work because the graphics are handled in such a way that everyone in the instance has to see the same thing.

Sorry, but nothing is easy in game development.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-19-2011, 05:44 AM
You will never see that happen... it would mean having a separate ship requisitions for every single person, and also Putting the correct skins on the ships etc would take a HUGE amount of memory for the servers...
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torankusu
It would appear different for everyone. I would see my Starships, the person next to me would see their Starships. It's actually not all that hard to do.
Actually very. To make it so everyone saw something different would require either an insane amount of recoding or making it single player instanced (which would be not cool imo)
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-19-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm just slightly bothered that the Galaxy in the shipyard has the wrong windows and escape pods.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I'm just slightly bothered that the Galaxy in the shipyard has the wrong windows and escape pods.
Updated model. Like the USS Nimitz and the USS George H. W. Bush are both Nimitz class carriers in RL, but if you compare them side to side, they are very different ships.