Lt. Commander
# 1 Away Mission without Boffs
04-19-2011, 02:01 AM
Hiya Mission Makers.

This question probably been ask countless of times before but I am just wondering with the release of the foundry and the updates to it, Have a way been implemented to make an away mission with just the player in it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2011, 05:23 AM
Not yet possible and no info on when or if it will be possible in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2011, 05:52 AM
In one of my missions, I had used a turbolift to trap my BOFFs inside a wall. Worked great - until I published. Sadly, once published my BOFFs teleported through walls to keep up with me.

This is a much requested feature and one the devs have not commented on, as far as I saw.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Would be nice to have indeed, maybe also an option to set an amount of BOFFs to take with, between 0 and max.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2011, 02:05 PM
If you want a mission played a certain way just put it in the mission notes and ask the player to follow along the way you ask for maximum effect. I played a mission where the author said it was meant to be played in a shuttle, so I got in a shuttle to play it. The encounters were mostly fighters and a a frigate. Another mission had dialogue where the med/sci officer stayed behind to treat someone so I left them behind.

If you want to have only the captain do it without boffs ASK and the the folks that want to play it the way you wrote it will leave boffs at the zone in. You can't do anything about the ones that won't so don't worry about them.