Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Kerrat needs adjustment
07-29-2010, 08:19 AM
I hate missiions in the Kerrat system, mainly because some of the spheres (especially the ones close to the towers) can fire at me, but I can't fire back. At least give me a fair chance to defend myself!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James-Spock
I hate missiions in the Kerrat system, mainly because some of the spheres (especially the ones close to the towers) can fire at me, but I can't fire back. At least give me a fair chance to defend myself!
It is rather depressing that this has taken so long for them to fix, or even acknowledge frankly, given that Ker'rat is our one and only Open PvP area and thus rather important to the overall game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-29-2010, 01:23 PM
the problem is that the spheres are spawning INSIDE the encryption nodes, and just like the geometry bug in the boss room on infected, someone on the back side of a wall can target and fire at something on the other side, because the surface only blocks Line-of-sight in one direction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-30-2010, 02:58 AM
Wait, is this still in? On Tribble, they had this map fixed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-30-2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Wait, is this still in? On Tribble, they had this map fixed.
It is still happening on Holodeck. alas.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Ker'rat System game play needs klingon's out of it totatally. You go in there and all the sudden you have 4 klingon ships decloak and start shooting at you. Wouldn't be so bad, but they seem to be the best equiped to run away, cloak, and then come back later while talking about how much tougher they are.

If we want fed and klingon PVP that's where we'll do it, but seriously, if I can't go in there and take out some borg cubes and spheres without worrying about shoot and retreat klingon ships then why even have a mission coupled with the area?

Please let us either work in coop against a common foe or have it totally seperate.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Holy necro thread....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogman77
Ker'rat System game play needs klingon's out of it totatally. You go in there and all the sudden you have 4 klingon ships decloak and start shooting at you. Wouldn't be so bad, but they seem to be the best equiped to run away, cloak, and then come back later while talking about how much tougher they are.

If we want fed and klingon PVP that's where we'll do it, but seriously, if I can't go in there and take out some borg cubes and spheres without worrying about shoot and retreat klingon ships then why even have a mission coupled with the area?

Please let us either work in coop against a common foe or have it totally seperate.
At first I hated when Klingon players would attack me but now I look forward towards beating them. it's the closest thing we have to Open PvP. You will get use to it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogman77
Ker'rat System game play needs klingon's out of it totatally. You go in there and all the sudden you have 4 klingon ships decloak and start shooting at you. Wouldn't be so bad, but they seem to be the best equiped to run away, cloak, and then come back later while talking about how much tougher they are.

If we want fed and klingon PVP that's where we'll do it, but seriously, if I can't go in there and take out some borg cubes and spheres without worrying about shoot and retreat klingon ships then why even have a mission coupled with the area?

Please let us either work in coop against a common foe or have it totally seperate.
Have you tried to play as a Klingon at Lt.General in that area? I ask for parley, because I only want to farm for mark 12 items, and a gang of 4 or 5 Feds maul me, then wait by the respawn to destory me again. I can only get out of there if they target another Klingon player, and I manage to both full impluse and cloak. BoP's battle cloak helps them to escape. That area should have a parley mode where players can't target others directly. Similar to the Deep Space encounter area in Gamma Orinas.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Yeah, it's hardly a Klingon only problem. Feds typically talk all high and mighty, but truth be told most will sit right at the screwed up spawn and camp or gank like any Klink might. It's open(ish) world PVP and you have to go there expecting a fight.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:52 AM.