Lt. Commander
# 1 Publishing Priblage Revoked
04-19-2011, 09:39 AM
I have heard that some players have had their Publishing Privlage revoked. I want to know under what ground because there is nothing in the EULA about grinds.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Regardless of what the Foundry EULA says, the Terms of Service that all players agree to before playing the game says you cannot intentionally use game mechanics in a way that was not intended for your own advantage. The terms of service cover everything you do once you log in the game, including the Foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Again, this is a very gray and non-helpful or constructive manner.

As I mentioned before, there are lots of instances where people were using things as they were not intended without resulting in heavy handed administrative action. A good example I can pull up right now off the top of my head is using ramming speed to one-shot the crystalline entity. Rather than punish players, they just addressed the issue and then put out a patch.

Regardless -

Mirror, do you actually have the right to still publish missions? WHen I spoke with you yesterday, you said you had no publishing rights at all.

Did you mean only on the missions you had before, or any and all missions? You spoke as to imply that you could no longer publish anything at all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Nope still cant publish, cant publish anything including my RP maps, i havent tested it with a new mish, ill test that now, they cant do that without a warning.... They have the right to take it down they dont have the right to make it so i cant use foundery.
EDIT: Just tested, I cant publish anything, including missions that i just made!
For the record if crypic reads this, i deleted the ship grind projects.... I just want my foundery privlage back, also, why was i the only 1 of my friends with ship grinds who got their privlage taken away?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
They have the right to take it down they dont have the right to make it so i cant use foundery.
Actually, they do. Now, I agree it could have been handled better, but they most certainly do have the right to remove your ability to publish missions if they choose.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-19-2011, 11:26 AM
You agreed to this:
Quote:
6. Cryptic’s Absolute Right to Suspend, Terminate and/or Delete Your Account, Your Access to the Site and/or the Service. CRYPTIC MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT, AND/OR TERMINATE OR SUSPEND YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICE AT ANY TIME WITH ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE, WITHOUT ANY LIABILITY TO YOU WHATSOEVER. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most Account, Site and/or Service suspensions, terminations and/or deletions are the result of violations of this Agreement, the EULA and/or any License Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that Cryptic is not required to provide you notice before terminating or suspending your Account, and/or your access to the Site and/or the Service.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-19-2011, 11:29 AM
your point?
I can think of 300 ways crypic could have handled this without taking privlages away, for instance, adding it to to the EULA, or just deleting the projects, but removing privlages, and missiosn that dont violate anything!
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
your point?
IDK about him, but *my* point is that while they could(and IMO should) have handled this better, they do have the RIGHT to do what they did, which you denied in your last post.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-19-2011, 12:34 PM
The police have the right to pull you over at any time, and cite you for any manner of things, causing you points, fines, tickets, or such.

As a courtesy, they tend to pull you over and issue a warning if it's a first time or minor offense.

Anyway, there's a number of threads about this, and we should likely focus them down and consolidate it to make the issue better addressed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Regardless of what the Foundry EULA says, the Terms of Service that all players agree to before playing the game says you cannot intentionally use game mechanics in a way that was not intended for your own advantage. The terms of service cover everything you do once you log in the game, including the Foundry.
So if I see an Admiral in anything other than a B-Tran DSE
I should report them?
Closed Thread