Lt. Commander
# 1 Query:
04-19-2011, 11:57 AM
I understand we cannot use Canon Characters in our Foundry Missions.

I understand we cannot use Canon Ships in our Foundry Missions.

But, can we mention them?

If, for example (I am not doing this or anything like this), my mission involves an Antagonist using Subliminal Messages hidden in some form of Public Address system on a colony, can I have the Boffs or an NPC mention the events on the Enterprise-D and Wesley Crushers adventures in trying to combat the influence of the Ktarian game?

Understand, I'm not talking about recreating anybody, nor the ship itself, just mentioning Canon Characters, Locations, and Ships in dialogue.

Is that permissible?

EDIT: Follow up Question.

Since we can already utilize Canon Locations in our Foundry Missions (Vulcan, Risa, Wolf 359, etc..), can we use canon locations not already in STO?

If for example, I want my mission to include a small ground segment on Turkana IV, can I have part of the mission set there (Assuming of course, that I do not include any of the individuals from Canon known to reside there)?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2011, 12:18 PM
On your first question, yes. You can mention them. As long as you are not blatantly copying the story, then you are fine.

As for your second question, I don't see why it would be a problem other than people would need a door to enter (unless you are doing the insta-travel thing from ESD)
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2011, 12:19 PM
You can talk about canon characters all you want, you just cannot visually represent them in your mission.