Lt. Commander
# 21
04-20-2011, 01:07 AM
I'm a Brit and like many others - I DO NOT CARE. The only 'good' thing about it is the Bank Holiday we get from it, but aside from that it's another media circus of cack...

Although I've heard reports of people camping out in London ALREADY for the wedding. I'm so glad I have a 'life' (okay, it's not much).

It's about time in my honest opinion that the whole monarchy thing just buggered off over here, it's horribly out of date and so out of touch with your Joe or Jane Public that it served its purpose centuries, if not decades ago... but not now.

Now I jump off the box and get my arse back to work

Z
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-20-2011, 01:24 AM
I'm rather looking forward to the occasion. I'm a big fan of tradition.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-20-2011, 04:08 AM
I'll be honest, I could care less. Surely, there's something more important going on in the world than this.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-20-2011, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
I'll be honest, I could care less. Surely, there's something more important going on in the world than this.
Well care less then damn you!

(it's couldn't care less)

Well clearly Spacefork does care. royalist sicko... :p
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-20-2011, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
Seriously, who gives a damn. The American News media certain would like you to think everyone is making a big deal over it but i have yet to met anyone in America who cares. Do the Brits even care?
While I personally dont care about the wedding, Id say its in the country's best interests to take notice of the things that can possibly affect the government of our greatest ally o.O
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-20-2011, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.ftw
While I personally dont care about the wedding, Id say its in the country's best interests to take notice of the things that can possibly affect the government of our greatest ally o.O
...What? the royal wedding has precisely **** all to do with the government...
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-20-2011, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
...What? the royal wedding has precisely **** all to do with the government...
You seem angry.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-20-2011, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.ftw
You seem angry.
That's just Hoplite's usual setting. But he does have a point; what does the wedding of pair who will be nothing more than a figurehead with little to no political power when they're crowned (or if they get the crown; I've heard some rumbling Parliment is/has considered disolving the monarchy) have to do with the government?
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-20-2011, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
That's just Hoplite's usual setting. But he does have a point; what does the wedding of pair who will be nothing more than a figurehead with little to no political power when they're crowned (or if they get the crown; I've heard some rumbling Parliment is/has considered disolving the monarchy) have to do with the government?
Well, as I said, America established our level of support for the Crown ~235 years ago. I love you England, but you can understand why we don't care about what your elites do.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-20-2011, 06:14 AM
The English royal family has become the equivalent of Disney World. A nice tourist attraction which sells a lot of t-shirts.

Next up: The Buckingham Palace Reality TV show!