Lt. Commander
Hello all. I've just published my first Foundry mission and would like you, the expert Foundry folk, to officially review it (to help it become public) and offer any feedback you might have on how to improve the mission. I would absolutely appreciate any time you could spare for this.

Right now, you can find the mission under my name (Sturnack). Its ID is ST-HOC9BBGQH. As this is my first foray into the Foundry, please be kind. Thank you again!
Lt. Commander
# 2 Review Burning Bridges
04-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Great job. Burning Bridges is one of the missions that is a gem buried in the rest of unreviewed foundry content. You had a great story line, and unique environments. Good use of the tools, you did a couple of things I haven't been able to figure out yet in my missions... I will have to go back and see if I can learn the tools better.

Thanks for a great mission... this is one of the reasons the Foundry will bring life to STO.

Keep up the great work.

If you got time for a review...
I have "Siege of YR318"
and "Raid on Qa'vak Two" up

Feedback is always welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2011, 02:11 AM
Thanks, Issoldier! I appreciate your perspective and am glad you enjoyed the mission. I will definitely give your missions a review to reciprocate.

Thanks to others who have been reviewing "Burning Bridges." I've already implemented most of the feedback I've received in the review comments so far and I think the mission has been improved as a result. Please keep the feedback coming!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Based on the feedback so far, the following changes/improvements have been made:

* Disabled Kerrik's ability to wander at seemingly super-Ferengi speed.

* Replaced invisible interact objects contained inside consoles already on the base map with glowing consoles in more obvious locations.

* Fixed an issue where an invisible barrier meant to prevent enemies from firing through the corridor wall resulted in pathing issues for BOFFs.

* Adjusted text on some of the objectives to be more clear.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2011, 11:42 PM
My mission has been getting a lot of reviews. Even if people have not necessarily replied to this thread, I'd really like to thank those of you that have taken the time to play the mission and offer feedback. The following changes were made as a result of your contributed thoughts:

(Spoiler warning for those who have not played the mission yet)

* Removed "Reach" dialogue for establishing orbit around Risa. The BOFF dialogue establishes this anyway, making the reach text unnecessary.

* Fixed typo in BOFF dialogue when scanning the crystals in the Caitian's hut.

* Corrected issues with mission text and interact text containing improper capitalization and inconsistent formatting.

* Moved "hack door" object closer to the door, resolving issues with users having to back away from the door in order to refind the prompt if they passed it.

* Altered the Caitian's dialogue tree to include references to the Kelvans, a race of people who left the Andromeda galaxy many years ago due to the toxic radiation levels building up there. The dialogue now answers the question "How are the Legosians alive with all that radiation?"

* Tied "Activate harmonic pulse" command to a larger invisible object underneath the ground, providing a much larger radius from which the pulse can be activated.

* Removed other extraneous reach text entries that unnecessarily repeated upcoming BOFF dialogue.

* Tied "Detonate charges" command to a larger invisible object underneath the ground, providing a much larger radius from which the detonation can be activated.

* Added additional dialogue after the bridge has been destroyed that confirms the destruction and resolves the "What if there are still Legosians on Risa?" question.