Lt. Commander
First, it seems like my fleet members are unable to find my Foundry missions after they are published. I can find them, but in order for them to play it, I have to accept the
mission, then team and share.

Enemy NPCs are being teleported to a different part of a map when they reach a certain health level. They have different costumes than what they had originally and I have noticed that when they reappear, they have thier original uniforms.

Is there some way to have ships warp in and stay? They seem to warp in over and over until they start fighting.

Also, is there a way to have certain objects visible then hidden?
For example, the use of doors or force fields. They are closed in the beginning, open when an objective is complete, close again when yoi want to trap them in a room, then open it again when a later objective is complete?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2011, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Lau
First, it seems like my fleet members are unable to find my Foundry missions after they are published. I can find them, but in order for them to play it, I have to accept the
Did they turn on reviewer status and search under Review Content instead of Community Authored? Sometimes you have to turn reviewer off then back on again to get it to work - they fixed that, but everyone still had to do it one more time to get it to stick, and sometimes it still gets wonky.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Quote:
For example, the use of doors or force fields. They are closed in the beginning, open when an objective is complete, close again when yoi want to trap them in a room, then open it again when a later objective is complete?
You could do this using multiple forcefields and the player wouldn't know that you're using two different ffs. Forcefield 01 set visible to invis with objective complete. FF 02 goes invis to vis using a reach marker or different component etc.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:

Enemy NPCs are being teleported to a different part of a map when they reach a certain health level. They have different costumes than what they had originally and I have noticed that when they reappear, they have thier original uniforms.

Is there some way to have ships warp in and stay? They seem to warp in over and over until they start fighting.

Most of this has been covered, but I'll reiterate.

Freshly-published missions are only available to people signed up as reviewers, until they get through the review process. This is likely what your fleetmates were experiencing.

The second issue I have never seen nor heard reported. I'd like more information on it, please. Like your project ID number.

Currently, there is no way to set a spawn animation. If you are setting an animation as an Idle animation, it will loop. That is how idles work--they loop continuously. Thus, if you set them to warp in as idle, well then, they'll loop the warp in.

And lastly, use two sets of identical objects, as individual sets don't have that many state changes available. So you have two sets of doors. The first set start closed, then you hide them when it's time for them to be open. Then when you want them to be closed, you set the second, identical set of doors to visible, and hide those when appropriate.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Sure, it's ST-HIZLA9UOI

How do I get them to warp in and stay?

Also, I can't seem to rename my project.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Perhaps I wasn't clear... there is currently no way to do that.

Renaming doesn't take effect until publishing. If you want to rename it, do it right before you hit publish and it will save.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks.
If there is any way to solve the respawning NPC issue it would be greatly appreciated.