Lt. Commander
# 1 STO: Klingon Future?
04-21-2011, 01:35 AM
I don't mean to be a wet blanket...or to be negative...but are there any solid indications of what the future holds for Klingon players in STO?

I have noticed numerous ships added to the Federation Fleet lately...I looked at the engineering reports, and all that I gleaned out of it for Klingons was the addition of some Gorn variant skins, and the possibility that some of the gaps in lower ship levels will be coming soon. Everything else seemed to be focused towards the Federation, with some items being shared with the Klingon faction.

I know that the "player base" seems to be mostly Federation...and so perhaps that is where the money is..is that what drives the addition of new content?

I am just genuinely curious. I have both Klingon and Federation characters -- three LTG Klingons and two VA Feds...so it is obvious where I have spent most of my time...

Maybe I am glossing over key future additions to the faction without realizing it...that is possible...but I don't think I have seen the addition of any new KDF races...or any additions to the Klingon end-game fleet in terms of ships....nor any Klingon-specific mission areas, or expansion of territory....well...maybe I should take that last back...I think I did read something about more "shared" territory opening up.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2011, 04:45 AM
There have been many things that they have been adding slowly...but adding.
We have gotten race-specific ships, more sector space, raids for crafting and experience...but the following are things that you can find out they are doing for the KDF from loking at the dev chat, engineering reports, and watching STOK'ed....
1. Redesign of Qo'Nos
2. Gorn redesign and customization update
3. KDF playable from beginning of the game with a KDF tutorial
4. KDF academy to train individuals
5. Possible costume updates
6. More than I have time to type...
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2011, 06:31 AM
I think once the new tutorail and revamps in season 4 come in, combined with better pve progression and high level feds wanting something else to do we might see an increase in population.

If we get more people in the kdf, cryptic will have to start really making efforts to equalize the number of ships and costumes...if only for the fact they will not be able to cash in on c store profits unless they do.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2011, 06:35 AM
I play both sides equally, however I have more KDF characters. I will look forward to useing them to play what ever new missions are added in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2011, 07:44 AM
Season 4 is supposed to have some love for Klingons, so we'll see. Also, there are a fair number of Foundry/Community Authored missions for KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-21-2011, 09:03 AM
I gazed into my crystal ball and came back with the following:
The Federation and Klingon Empire will renew the Khittomer Accords once the Undine focus their efforts on defeating one, possibly in the Eti Erdani sector.
Then the remenents of the Romulan Star Empire will unit and rebuild their military machine back to it's former glory. They will attack the Federation, where the Klingon Empire now travels freely, with the support of the entire Hirogen force from the Delta Quadrant.
This will allow STO to have player Romulans and Hirogen and shared resources between the Federation and Klingon Empire.

... I think I should disclose thay my Eight Ball says "Fat Chance."
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Also, there are a fair number of Foundry/Community Authored missions for KDF.
Foundry should not be a substitute to official content but an addition to it...
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-21-2011, 09:36 AM
To be fair to Cryptic they have less Klingon content to draw upon than the Federation and so any original content would need to be apporved by CBS from the ground up unlike the ambassador where if it looks right, plays right, feels right, they'd rubber stamp it more easily. The new Enterprise F contest is a sign of how much effort Cryptic needs to go to bring out new original content for the Klingons. I expect the Romulans/Cardassians will be fairly similar.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Silverwings View Post
I expect the Romulans/Cardassians will be fairly similar.
i have a feeling romulans will have alot more love then klingons when they are launched, a new faction will draw alot of players back to the game. or will fail epic like and be cursed with gliches.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpickles View Post
i have a feeling romulans will have alot more love then klingons when they are launched, a new faction will draw alot of players back to the game. or will fail epic like and be cursed with gliches.
By the time they add Romulans, they won't have the same glitches they had w/ the KDF....