Lt. Commander
# 21
04-24-2011, 06:33 AM
[QUOTEQuote:
Originally Posted by RCO
To be fair cryptic has had since launch to improve the klingons to date they have failed horrible at this task. Maybe that change in season 4 but I doubt that. The record for the last few month so that not the case. Sure we getting a few bones in season 4. But the more i hear the more I hear about the stuff the federation side is getting as well.

New tutorial for both sides. So again nothing new or extra for the klingons.
(The KDF had it's own tutorial before? Sorry, may not be extra, but it is 'new' to the KDF)

Klingon academy. Great but fed getting starfleet academy.
(The KDF had it's own Academy before? Again, may not be extra, but it is 'new' to the KDF)

Rework Qonus. Yeah several month after esd was reworked.
(Yeah, they hate the KDF. That's why they are re-working 'Qo'Nos and NOT just leaving it as it is, because they hate the KDF...oh, wait...)

PVE mission to level. But no real new mission. Heck they going to go the chessy way and add weekly to the leveling. In other words. Forget new mission. Meanwhile the fed get remaster missions.
(Except with the new Tutorial, that means if a new player doesn't like or want to play the Federation faction, he/she doesn't have to, ever; and I know MANY a KDF oplayer who never wanted to touhc a Fed character; so while I DO agree the KDF needs more PvE missions unique to it - the Devs have been open and upfront in saying the KDF - and any other later faction will never attain the same number of dev PvE missions. But, the Devs haven't sugarcoated that. As for KDF remastered stuff - the one positive abot the 8 KDF mission is they ARE better than any of the early Fed stuff. The one thing the Devs have stated is they want to reemaster some Fed mission to play from the KDF side where it makes sense - like 'Saturday's Child'; but time will tell)

In the end, the fact is: The STO Devs do continue to work on an improve the KDF (although not fast enough for a number of KDF players); and since the Season One updated the KDF hav gotten every new game mechanic (with the exception of Diplomacy as the Devs feel that doesn't 'fit' the KDF, but have yet to add a comprable system); and th KDF have gotten ship and system tricoder scanning, and Crafting access; so again, the KDF is being expanded.

If the STO Devs had really abandoned and stopped working ion the KDF faction, you wouldn't be seeing the above; or be seeing the Season 4 Duty officer system available for the KDF faction either. The Devs have never stated "With patch X the KDF will be equal with the Fed faction" - what they have said is simply taht they'll continue to improve the KDF; and that with every major Season update, the KDF has and will continue to see improvement/expansion.

If the above isn't enough; then (and unfortunately) the loudest way to make you voice heard if you want to play KDF, but mo longer find it enjoyable; and don't feel the KDF updates are big enough or fast enough; is to cancel your sub, and vote with your wallet. (and I'm not trying to 'promote' taht but it is a cold hard fact that all the suits - in any business venture - care about, is the bottom line.)
][/quote]

The fact of the matter is that STO Devs don't give two thoughts about this part of the community, and it will probably be the same whenever they develop a third playable faction. If you want proof, look no further than ANY of the updates to usable items, ship models, costumes, nerfing of powers (cloak) and the addition of a working version for the FEDS.

The Oberth is a perfect example of this arguement, the KDF have been clamoring for a T5 version of the K'tinga / D7 since last year, but in that time the FEDs have had over a dozen ships (of insiginificant classes)added to their inventory. Yet, a mainstay of the KDF (by canon, film, alt timeline) is ignored wholesale.

But, someone on the FED side sees an old episode, reads a graphic novel, or draws something at lunch on their napkin and in a few weeks time it is implemented for the FEDs. Meanwhile, the KDF is just ignored despite how legitimate their requests.

As far as your coment of voting with my wallet, I intend too, if something serious isn't done then I will not renew my six month subscription, done. I may come back when and if it changes, but who knows, I haven't played in over a month and a half because of the lack of attention. Mostly because I am sick of everytime I log on being bombarded with all the new FED items.

I am sure that in the near future the B'rel will be made available to the FEDs because someone wants to have the same ship the FEDs stole in a movie, and all that will take is a FED player posting "OOOH, can I please have this? It was my favorite movie".

Sorry about the dripping sarcasm, but being told by someone who has everything that I should just "suck it up" when I pay for a product just warrants a response. Now, if a Dev was to give the KDF community some idea of what was on the table for the KDF, with an actual timeline like the FEDs get, then the KDF community would be at least slightly appeased, but their lack of even this easiest of tasks speaks volumes about their intentions or lack there of.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-24-2011, 07:20 PM
The last time we were told to expect something on a timeline, it was dropped back 3 times so they could get something just right...I don't mind that, but no updates, or something that is cryptic in response to multiple threads of questions is what we had....of course I am speaking of the 3 recently added ships, the last one being added at a cost of 500+ emblems or 2k CP....

I understand your rant, but to tell you the truth....I don't see it getting too much better unless we get some big face-time from people with influence. I know they are telling us they are trying, but...more input on KDF matters are greatly appreciated, and we get very little in media outlets.....
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-24-2011, 07:33 PM
The Klingon faction is much improved in the time I've been away (around half a year). I've been having much more fun now since I've returned, and it's been a week today. I can see where it doesn't seem that way for those of you who've played STO during that time, but for a returning player there's a lot of new stuff.

1) Research and Crafting. I like what they did here with the schematics and all the added things to make; even very rare MK XI items! Plus a very nice set you can make (I hope to see more of these). Being my Lt. General has 0 crafting, I've got a lot of data samples to collect to get up to speed. My equipment is outdated now, so I've got a lot of stuff to replace and it'll take me a while.

2) Sorties in Pi Canis. It's a nice feeling to have more breathing room and actually fly around in new territory where there's a lot of Feds lurking around. Too bad I can't attack the players! But the Sorties themselves are great, they are much better than any Patrol mission that the Feds have, by a long shot. The optional objectives add an extra dimension to the battle, and it's fun collecting Data Samples this way. Very Klingon-like.

3) There's a whole lot more ships at max level. When I quit we only had the Kar'Fi Carrier, now there's several race-specific ones. I'm really enjoying the Vor'cha refit and it didn't even cost me my Lt. General refit token.

4) Featured Episodes and other PvE content. I know these have been out a while, but they're knew to me and very well done (and have associated dailies, too). There's also the story-line missions added in Season 2 that I never got around to playing (except for the first one). There's also the Foundry!

There are a few things I'm disappointed about;

1) No new uniform/off duty costume options for KDF. Plus there hasn't been, from what I can tell, more alien parts/hair styles/etc added to the game in half a year, which is kind of a downer. Not exactly KDF specific there, but it would help.

2) Empire Defense Missions. These are the same as they were before, right? When they added Sorties they shoulda revamped these to, to be like the Sorties. But instead of being on the Offense, you'd be on the Defense-- such as defending Klingon bases against waves of attackers, things like that. A missed opportunity IMO.

3) Lack of new ship pieces for ship customization. The Vor'cha costume on the C-Store doesn't count.

I could also list the lack of an Exploration revamp, but that's hardly KDF specific.

All in all, though. KDF is looking on the up-and-up... the situation isn't as desperate as when I left. Especially with the Academy and Qo'nos revamp coming down the pipe, and some more PvE content and ship types/variants. Give us some more character customization options, too. After that, improve PVP (new maps, new game modes, etc) and add the hinted territory control, then I think KDF will be golden and time for Romulans would be at hand.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Yes, the situation is not as desperate, but the three things at the very least are what I am posting about as well.....
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_shirt_ View Post
Foundry should not be a substitute to official content but an addition to it...
I strongly agree with this...why should paying subscribers have to develop content just to have something to do?

IMOHPO...I think Cryptic expected everyone to want to be a smooth-head and were caught with their pants down with the number of dedicated Klingons. They totaly dropped the ball by not having more Klingon content with the launch. They were after the quick buck, but stumbled and lost hold on what could have been much more profit had they had enough to keep players who wanted to fly Klingon primarily instead of the stereotype Feddie.
And, in the year and a half they've had since launch, they've scrambled to get more Klingon content, with mixed results. Some missions, crafting (which I'll never understand why we didn't have at launch) and a few other things. Still pales in comparison to the "other side's" choices.
If I had not gambled on a lifetime sub before launch, there is little doubt I would have ceased paying every month for such poor content, even as it is now.

maybe after another year....of course, I said that a year ago too....
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-25-2011, 11:15 AM
I fully believe that we have a bright future, my klingon brothers and sisters.

Soon we will have many selections of pretty boots, sashes, accessories, make-up, and perfumes for our sims.. I mean officers.

Soon we will have many diverse PvE missions, all involving intricate plotlines and little to no combat. If there is combat, it will be with souless NPCs that use 1-2 special abilities. That is sufficient for us and we will sing mighty songs about how we conquered easily dispatched enemies. Qa'pla!

Soon we shall be able to explore new worlds, and seek out new life and new civilizations! We will establish peaceful alliances with dozens of new souless NPCs with unique clothing, jewelry, and other accessories!

We shall have clubs in Qo'nos, where we can dance to 25th century nuevo rave music and get down and boogie!

What is this? You want PvP? More PvP options and the continuation of the fed/klingon war? NO! You will like your sole capture and hold map that gives the same rewards for both winners and losers! You will like fighting in arenas where you feel like mere mercenaries fighting for nothing else but the fight itself!

Be grateful that we included "new pvp maps!" in the sometime-in-the-future section of our engineering reports!

PvPers will always be 2nd class citizens to PvErs! It is the Stahl Doctrine!
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-25-2011, 01:04 PM
The future is so bright I gotta wear...two eye patches!
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
lol...I remember that...since Klingons don't wear shades...I believe eyepatches would work....lol
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Cryptic is finally implementing the peace that Chancellor Gorkon wanted. I have many many costume designs for myself and my fellow space hippies (former klingon warriors).
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I will have to try that. Visors are for wimps.