Lt. Commander
# 31
04-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoav160 View Post
I will have to try that. Visors are for wimps.
Of course, and that's why no self-respecting Klingon would wear one... lol
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-28-2011, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
New tutorial for both sides. So again nothing new or extra for the klingons.
(The KDF had it's own tutorial before? Sorry, may not be extra, but it is 'new' to the KDF)
So is the New the federation is getting. And they are getting a new high level mission. Somehting the klingon are lacking. But yes we get one new thing for two federation. Let see 2 less 1, check. Klingon allready less then federation. Keeping the balanace instead working to fix. Check. My point is valid.

We told season 4 we get fixed and that 50% of the team is working on Klingons. That kind hard when got a major ground change. I image that take a good part of 50%. So that would mean we get more the fed. But nope not the case.

Quote:
Klingon academy. Great but fed getting starfleet academy.
(The KDF had it's own Academy before? Again, may not be extra, but it is 'new' to the KDF)
Again both side getting where the 50% work on klingons?

Quote:
Rework Qonus. Yeah several month after esd was reworked.
(Yeah, they hate the KDF. That's why they are re-working 'Qo'Nos and NOT just leaving it as it is, because they hate the KDF...oh, wait...)
Yes like i said they are. BUt ESD was rework month ago and the federation get rework to solo system. AGAIN where the 50% for the klingons?

Quote:
(Except with the new Tutorial, that means if a new player doesn't like or want to play the Federation faction, he/she doesn't have to, ever; and I know MANY a KDF oplayer who never wanted to touhc a Fed character; so while I DO agree the KDF needs more PvE missions unique to it - the Devs have been open and upfront in saying the KDF - and any other later faction will never attain the same number of dev PvE missions. But, the Devs haven't sugarcoated that. As for KDF remastered stuff - the one positive abot the 8 KDF mission is they ARE better than any of the early Fed stuff. The one thing the Devs have stated is they want to reemaster some Fed mission to play from the KDF side where it makes sense - like 'Saturday's Child'; but time will tell
That not true. During beta we told the KDF would be equal faction to federation. That not case a year after launch and pretty clear it never going to be the case.

Point in case I know of at least two remaster epsiode coming to federation before season 4. That on top of the allready remaster mission they gotten. The klingons have gotten nothing in that time frame.

Lastly in the last few month the klingons have gotten noting. While federation get there third t1 ship. TOS interior, new outfits. Craftable delta flyer. Upcoming section 32 uniforms. And the only we getting any time soon has a federation counter part. So they keep adding to imbalance and do nothing to bring the faction closer.

Klingons have no ship customization till captain and only if they buy a c-store skin. At T5 federation 14 ships to chose from. Klingon have 10. last ship to be add. Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Im all for klingon love but ye got to relise that feds get the majority because most players reside with them!!! I feel this will never change but their is slot of things I want to see for klingons
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-28-2011, 05:10 AM
Its not about player-base majority and as such that they get more stuff.

The case is; The Klingons aren't even getting half the stuff, or not even a quarter of the stuff, the Feds are getting.

I am generally happy about Cryptics work. And I believe in Stahl, and if he is saying better times are coming then they probably will. Its just that they are taking months upon months of development. To be honest it does feel like breadcrumbs. Long ago, I think in 2009, Jackalope made a promise that the Floodgates would be opened for Klingon content. This was pre-launch, and was in fact about revealing more about the ships and gameplay itself.

I believe this is the post..
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...79&postcount=1

Even so, in context, I feel we have been promised Klingon gold for more than a year, and what we have gotten is ruddy copper.
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-28-2011, 06:10 AM
That is not an excuse!!! It's been well over a year from the release date and the KDF (which has ALWAYS been billed as an equal faction) has gotten little to nothing in the past few months.

The FEDs are getting a ridiculous amount of new content with items that are just icing on an already mountainous cake, the KDF doesn't even get invited to the party and we are supposed to just be happy?

I've moved to the "Show me" and "I'll believe it when I see it" catagory.

So we will see
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-28-2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck
It's hard not to get disapointed as a Klingon player, especially when you see things a simple as the new font not given to klingons.

The remastered episodes are another problem, if they would just make some klingon missions, get everything set up and then go back and remaster fed episodes it wouldn't sting so much.

I find it irritating they would rather redo fed content than make ANY klingon missions.
That would be bad...if it was the case. However, Stahl has mentioned several times (like this for example) that Klingons will be getting more missions with the remastered, including retelling some Fed missions from the KDF's perspective.
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-28-2011, 08:22 AM
All I believe KDF players want is to have some variety and customization.

I think the main beef could be solved with some options for the uniforms that fans have been asking for; also some of the ship customization options people have been asking for like the Tor'Khat was; also when a new season ships with new federation group of ships, to have ships the KDF players would like to fly...in a timely manner.

I am one to criticize but I also see that KDF players have had almost zip for C-Store items to customize the look of their ships. They have had zip in ways to customize their Klingon toons (nevermind the Orions...we know they have their customization..and the Nausicaans as well). All Klingon toons have the option of these nasty looking dreads, a top-knot, or a bald head, and pretty much is it. Some love needs to be shown to the Klingons; that much is sure. We know it will not be the equal feds get 1 and we get 1 ratio...all most people ask is that we be given the things the majority of us are looking for. If the devs want to place them on the C-Store to benefit their extra time spent for customization, then so be it...I am sure people would be willing to pay...after all, not all Klingon ships have looked the same (whether inside or outside), the same as federation ships. As well, not all Klingons look the same, much as not all federation officers of the same race look the same....
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Instead of writing an epic wall of text about my dissapointment, I'll keep my thoughts positive and brief. The three biggest additions I would like to see:

1. Rebalanced PvE progression with NEW MISSIONS. We are expecting some of this as part of Season 4, but I want NEW PvE content. Cryptic is overhyping this and setting themselves up for massive player dissapointment. Adding the weekly series into the progression does not count guys. Neither do Foundry missions. I need something new and unique from Cryptic to keep myself occupied while I'm waiting for empty PvP queues to fill. Nebulas are mind-numbing tedium now.

2. More ship options at all tiers and more skin variants. The cruiser line and Tier 5 are the only ones that show some diversity. The Raptor and BoP lines were put together without much effort in order to get the game shipped and the lack of attention is evident everywhere. Give us true ship customization! Give us some more strategic options! Give us the free ship option parity Dan has promised us so many times!

3. PvP Territory Control. More maps are great, but they hold little value beyond bragging rights. Let's take the best of SFC and make it our own. Let's get a true, meaningful PvP campaign going! One worthy of glorious songs about our struggle!
Lt. Commander
# 39
04-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyron_Jara
Im all for klingon love but ye got to relise that feds get the majority because most players reside with them!!! I feel this will never change but their is slot of things I want to see for klingons
Of course most people play the Federation. Because the klingons side has nothing compare to fed side. You have to create a Federation player first. You see all there goodies and then after 6 levels get to make a klingon.

Only the die hard are going to play. I want to play the klingon from day one. I have 3 Vice Admiral on federation side. My first vice admiral was a Klingon in startfleet. It would been a klingon Lt General but the klingon is just plan sad. Which is improvement because until recently I did not even consider there was a Kling side. My only klingon character was made short after my first toon hit Lt6. And he sat at lt so for good 7 moth. Cause I could not per to grind the same lousy exploration mission over and over. Getting empty sectors with nothings. Then after getting my 3rd Vice admrial begin this year I decide to foce my self to level the toon who is know mg 3. I am hoping to make lt gen before season 4. That way I can decide when I level my second klingon if they have improvement or if still bad. I am sure it get better. But I bet it be very lacking. And after a year and six month that just plain wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 40
04-28-2011, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
That not true. During beta we told the KDF would be equal faction to federation. That not case a year after launch and pretty clear it never going to be the case..
No, in closed beta we were never told the KDF would be an equal faction to the Federation (I was there.) When we were finally told the final specifics on the KDF I was there to see the outcry. (Also, given the KDF were compl;etely unplayable and they had the one Klingon character on a load screen for the majority of closed beta, folks knew something was up.