Lt. Commander
# 51
05-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck
Don't understand why you guys keep arguing over statements made a year ago about the KDF, seriously let it go.

Worry about the KDF now, not last year.

If they said pvp only back then or not doesn't make any difference now because we have PVE, just not enough of it.

Every time we try and get a discussion going about KDF and making it better the same people crash the thread arguing with each other over those statements, derail any real discussion and the cycle repeats.
well that the problem the klingon right know are a sorry excuse of a faction. I doubt we see an real improvements. Consider nothing has been release in months for klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 52
05-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpickles View Post
i have a feeling romulans will have alot more love then klingons when they are launched, a new faction will draw alot of players back to the game. or will fail epic like and be cursed with gliches.
I hope you are correct since Romulans would be epic (plus they are my favourite ingame faction and my favourite race from the star trek franchise, well them and the vulcans)

But i can see pain of many since people love the Klingons and feel that they are being cheated because the federation have all of this nice Content and yet there is very little for the EMPIRE!

lets just hope that the Romulans dont face a simular issue
Lt. Commander
# 53
05-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanator101 View Post
I hope you are correct since Romulans would be epic (plus they are my favourite ingame faction and my favourite race from the star trek franchise, well them and the vulcans)

But i can see pain of many since people love the Klingons and feel that they are being cheated because the federation have all of this nice Content and yet there is very little for the EMPIRE!

lets just hope that the Romulans dont face a simular issue
Keep in mind that Romulans would likely give us a larger PvP base. I'd go out of my way to fight Romulans.
Lt. Commander
# 54
05-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonseye View Post
Keep in mind that Romulans would likely give us a larger PvP base. I'd go out of my way to fight Romulans.
agreed, Romulans have no honor, let us fly off at maximum warp to the very heart of the Star Empire and begin Qing ourselves to blast them away.....
Lt. Commander
# 55
05-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12guageshotgun
agreed, Romulans have no honor, let us fly off at maximum warp to the very heart of the Star Empire and begin Qing ourselves to blast them away.....
LOL...that is so true....perhaps if we drop off a few Ferengi they'd just surrender without a fight...you know how annoying they are to anybody...lol.
Lt. Commander
# 56
05-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
By the time they add Romulans, they won't have the same glitches they had w/ the KDF....
We are not just the somewhat forgotten, we are also the test subjects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciritai View Post
A word of warning to all who post. ANY form of sarcasm, factual critical analysis, or criticism of Cryptic for the lack care and attention for the KDF will meet with the moderators deleting your post or thread regardless of how professional or accurate it may be. Will I agree whole heartedly with this thread I full y expect it to be shut down or just deleted within 24hrs.

I myself pointed out that the KDF has had no new content (except the shuttle) after the release of the last set of costumes and the thread mysteriously disappeared. So this is just an FYI.
I hear you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
Cryptic is finally implementing the peace that Chancellor Gorkon wanted. I have many many costume designs for myself and my fellow space hippies (former klingon warriors).
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
No, in closed beta we were never told the KDF would be an equal faction to the Federation (I was there.) When we were finally told the final specifics on the KDF I was there to see the outcry. (Also, given the KDF were compl;etely unplayable and they had the one Klingon character on a load screen for the majority of closed beta, folks knew something was up.
Actually Snix was quoted or somebody was as saying that if the players asked the Devs would endevour to deliver. I wish I could find the quote itself. Somebody in the forums still uses it as a Sig.

Quote:
Aye...lol that's for sure
Been here long enough to see that the more things change the more they stay the same.
Lt. Commander
# 57
05-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Quote:
LOL...that is so true....perhaps if we drop off a few Ferengi they'd just surrender without a fight...you know how annoying they are to anybody...lol.
DEATH TO THE FERENGI!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 58
05-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
In the end, the fact is: The STO Devs do continue to work on an improve the KDF (although not fast enough for a number of KDF players); and since the Season One updated the KDF hav gotten every new game mechanic (with the exception of Diplomacy as the Devs feel that doesn't 'fit' the KDF, but have yet to add a comprable system); and th KDF have gotten ship and system tricoder scanning, and Crafting access; so again, the KDF is being expanded.

If the STO Devs had really abandoned and stopped working ion the KDF faction, you wouldn't be seeing the above; or be seeing the Season 4 Duty officer system available for the KDF faction either. The Devs have never stated "With patch X the KDF will be equal with the Fed faction" - what they have said is simply taht they'll continue to improve the KDF; and that with every major Season update, the KDF has and will continue to see improvement/expansion.

If the above isn't enough; then (and unfortunately) the loudest way to make you voice heard if you want to play KDF, but mo longer find it enjoyable; and don't feel the KDF updates are big enough or fast enough; is to cancel your sub, and vote with your wallet. (and I'm not trying to 'promote' taht but it is a cold hard fact that all the suits - in any business venture - care about, is the bottom line.)
Big deal...all the additions to the Klingon side have been great, but lets not forget that they shold have been there to begin with. Yall act like they have gone out of their way to bring the Klingon faction up to speed, when , in reality, all they have done is to play catchup by adding piecemeal what should have already been done. Stop acting like the are trying soo hard. If they had been really putting in the time and effort from teh start then threads like this woundnt exist....they still have a ways to go before they even come close to catching up with the Fed side. I have multiple toons on both sides , have leveled a Kling before they had ANY content and after,and the Fed side is so much more complete. The way the Klings have been handled to date is a slap in the face but seems to go along with the whole "monster" play aspect they appear to have intended.
Lt. Commander
# 59
05-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Dr. Leonard McCoy
Big deal...all the additions to the Klingon side have been great, but lets not forget that they shold have been there to begin with. Yall act like they have gone out of their way to bring the Klingon faction up to speed, when , in reality, all they have done is to play catchup by adding piecemeal what should have already been done. Stop acting like the are trying soo hard. If they had been really putting in the time and effort from teh start then threads like this woundnt exist....they still have a ways to go before they even come close to catching up with the Fed side. I have multiple toons on both sides , have leveled a Kling before they had ANY content and after,and the Fed side is so much more complete. The way the Klings have been handled to date is a slap in the face but seems to go along with the whole "monster" play aspect they appear to have intended.
Very true, very very true.
We have gotten more than we had at a pace that was less than spectacular compared to other factions.
Things are better than upon release.
The only one I've seen try hard was Gozer in my opinion as they others seemed to busy with the latest costume release.
Its the speed at which these changes happened in comparison to how blindingly fast the feds got multiple updates since release that has caused part of the angst the KDF feels.
Lt. Commander
# 60
05-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Very true, very very true.
We have gotten more than we had at a pace that was less than spectacular compared to other factions.
Things are better than upon release.
The only one I've seen try hard was Gozer in my opinion as they others seemed to busy with the latest costume release.
Its the speed at which these changes happened in comparison to how blindingly fast the feds got multiple updates since release that has caused part of the angst the KDF feels.
If you read the latest Ask Cryptic, my question was answered with a response that makes me doubt the intent of what they are doing as the Gorn are getting most of the customization options....