Lt. Commander
# 11
04-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
I think I know what you mean here and what you mention has crossed my mind a number of times, but I haven't had any player feedback on this until now.

Originally, I wanted the player take part in a non-combat activity, which gave more character to the intelligence agent. I decided I wanted the player to tag the cargo supplies for transport, to trigger a transport animation, but it's not possible, even with v 0.5, so back on Tribble the work around I came up with was to scan the cargo to cross check the cargo manifest log.

The "Shadow of the Warrior" is the intelligence agent and to add to his character, I wanted his dialog to come across as though he was arrogant, thought he knew it all, seen it all, battled it all and he wants to teach you some lessons. One being that even the a task not suited to a Captain or higher ranked player would do you good, remind you that you even a minor task such as this is not beneath you.

The intelligence agent states "A warrior who neglects minor details will only exacerbate the battle ahead." but perhaps I could adjust the dialog to make his intentions clearer.

I also thought it was funny, but do agree with you, and that dialog is in there because I wanted the player to go down to the planet in a shuttlecraft due to the high risk of transport failing, but because I couldn't do that I came up with a reason why you couldn't.

If I can ever change this so that the player can go down in a shuttle I will and I'll also still allow the option to beam down if possible, then later have the players ship unable to beam you up, so they send a shuttle for you instead.

The dialog however that you are talking about now, I think I may remove or alter, thanks for the feedback.

I'll review it as soon as I find the time to, if you have a thread for it, link it.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=211681

As far as a shuttle, you could probably even say that the storms that you're trying to get around also are kicking up high atmospheric winds or even high atmosphere ionic storms. You could say that flying down a small shuttlecraft would likely just get everyone killed.

It also kinda' goes to show how dangerous the planet is and loosens up the RP elements.

As far as the cargo thing, I'd say to be more blunt about it being a lesson. Perhaps "No, don't have your crew do it. I want them to learn from you." or some lesson about humility.

Otherwise I mostly enjoyed it. I loved to hate the environment, frankly. It seemed unpleasant with swarms of beasties and strange looking indigenous aliens... gave it some character. Mad props
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnagefiend View Post
As far as a shuttle, you could probably even say that the storms that you're trying to get around also are kicking up high atmospheric winds or even high atmosphere ionic storms. You could say that flying down a small shuttlecraft would likely just get everyone killed.

It also kinda' goes to show how dangerous the planet is and loosens up the RP elements.

As far as the cargo thing, I'd say to be more blunt about it being a lesson. Perhaps "No, don't have your crew do it. I want them to learn from you." or some lesson about humility.
Thank you very much for this advise, I've changed the dialog in the appropriate sections of the mission to resolve the problems you've brought up in your first post.

Please feel free to review the changes at let me know what you think and thank you for the 4 stars, but I didn't really understand the comment you left in the in game review section.

I'll hopefully have time to review your mission Monday and look forward to it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Just got your mail update. I'll be testing it out tomorrow when I get on. Expect a review
Lt. Commander
# 14 "SotW" update.
05-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Just got your mail update. I'll be testing it out tomorrow when I get on. Expect a review
I look forward to reading it, thank you and here's a small update to all those who are interested.

Here's the 46th review which states the following:

Quote:
Among other things, I really don't think that my Lt. General needs warp trails explained to her. That being said, all other extraneous seeming information can be avoided almost entirely. you've done a better job than most using the Foundry to tell a story.
Due to this feedback I have now changed the dialog on the original interactive button which proceeds the engineering officer's dialog when he tells you that "they’ve warped out of the system!" from "Give me options" to "Is there a way we can track the cargo vessel?" which when clicked will trigger a pop up from your science officer who explains a little bit about warp trails to you.

I also added a new button proceeding the same dialog which states "I know how we can track the cargo vessel" which means the player now has the option to skip the explanation of a warp trail.