Lt. Commander
# 1 Behavior and wander
04-21-2011, 05:04 AM
Hey ppl.

I have two questions, if you can help me your awesome.

1. For some reason I can't seem to get my enemy vessels to move around. I tried looking it up on the internet but I couldnt find anything. How do I do this?

2. When I give a mob a certain type of behavior they all do exactly the same. It's almost like watching Lord of the Dance... well not really, but it just doesnt look right. How do I get them to move independently?

Tnx!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Wander pathing isn't "activated" until the mission is published. As for your second question, there's currently no way to assign an animation to an individual actor, you have to apply it to the entire group. It can definitely lead to some crazy synchronized actions.

One trick you can do is if you have multiple groups, you could assign a different animation to each group, then move the individual actors around and mix them up between the groups. The down side is if it's an enemy group, you'll get aggro from all the mobs and could overwhelm the player if they are high ranking officers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
Wander pathing isn't "activated" until the mission is published. As for your second question, there's currently no way to assign an animation to an individual actor, you have to apply it to the entire group. It can definitely lead to some crazy synchronized actions.

One trick you can do is if you have multiple groups, you could assign a different animation to each group, then move the individual actors around and mix them up between the groups. The down side is if it's an enemy group, you'll get aggro from all the mobs and could overwhelm the player if they are high ranking officers.
Awesome Trueheart, thank you for your help. I just have one more question because i published my mission yesterday but the mobs still weren't moving when i played it on holodeck. You mentioned 'pathing' in your post. Does that mean I have to give those mobs some sort of path before they start to wander it?

Again tnx for your help.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
Awesome Trueheart, thank you for your help. I just have one more question because i published my mission yesterday but the mobs still weren't moving when i played it on holodeck. You mentioned 'pathing' in your post. Does that mean I have to give those mobs some sort of path before they start to wander it?

Again tnx for your help.
No, it should happen automatically once wander is set to "True" and the mission is published.

However I was reading in another thread that someone else was having issues getting wander to work correctly. I've seen it work as it should for ground NPCs. I'll have to give my mission a run through later today to see if the space NPCs are wandering too. I set a few shuttles to fly about, but now that I think about it I never checked to see if they were actually flying.

If you published it and still aren't seeing wander, try increasing the wander speed, distance and weight. Then republish to see if it's a just a settings issue. It is possible there's just be a "bug". If you've set wander to true, and are still not seeing it work as it should, I'd suggest reporting it as a bug.