Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
I'm hoping someone out there can help me out with a project I need done by the end of this semester. The project is to build a web page, and I want to include two .swf files on it.

So far, I have the code working in Internet Explorer, however, I can't get it to work in Firefox or Google Chrome. Can anyone give me some pointers on the XHTML code I need to get the .swf files running?

Thanks for any help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2011, 11:36 AM
ask ur ships computer, it knows all!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2011, 11:37 AM
I'd ask Adobe - it could be you need to code the files into the webpage in a specific way.

Though bear in mind all internet browsers, although perform the same function, are written quite differently.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Have you made sure that you have players installed for your Firefox and Google Chrome browsers?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
I'd ask Adobe - it could be you need to code the files into the webpage in a specific way.

Though bear in mind all internet browsers, although perform the same function, are written quite differently.
I'm guessing that's what the problem is. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpickles View Post
ask ur ships computer, it knows all!
Puts in request to ships computer.
The computer responds with:
SYSTEM ERROR, can not process request at this time. Leave message and come back later.
AHHHHH! When is that frigging refit going to be available?
:p

Lt. Commander
# 7
04-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadguy
Puts in request to ships computer.
The computer responds with:
SYSTEM ERROR, can not process request at this time. Leave message and come back later.
AHHHHH! When is that frigging refit going to be available?
:p

It's not your ship and your computer is fine...the reason it's going wrong is that it's running Windows 7 :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-21-2011, 12:52 PM
I built my wedding website much the same way. www.tententwentyten.us

I found a template that helped alot. In a pinch you can go to a website that has flash embedded, (like mine) right click and choose "view source". then copy the html into your webpage.

If you are still having trouble send me a message with your email and i'll send over my html files and try to help you out. (be careful big flash file can take a long time to load (like my website)).
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280
I built my wedding website much the same way. www.tententwentyten.us

I found a template that helped alot. In a pinch you can go to a website that has flash embedded, (like mine) right click and choose "view source". then copy the html into your webpage.

If you are still having trouble send me a message with your email and i'll send over my html files and try to help you out. (be careful big flash file can take a long time to load (like my website)).
That did it! Thanks for the help!