Lt. Commander
Reflections
lvl31+ required

Space/Ground combat, with interactive dialog trees

If you review mine, i'll review yours. Just send me ingame mail with ur mission name.

Thanks and enjoy

Salok
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2011, 10:41 AM
ill check it out, i love anything Mirror>
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2011, 11:24 AM
ill give it a go.

if you like mirror stuff then try my ep 'nine of space deep', also level 31.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
ill give it a go.

if you like mirror stuff then try my ep 'nine of space deep', also level 31.
lol, i'm about halfway thru urs revo. I'll finish it this afternoon

and thx again
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2011, 12:14 PM
ok, i played it. it was good but a few points.

you mention the starting location is the toron system in beta ursae, which is great but i was distracted and forgot where it was. so the only way to find it was to drop your mission and retake it. you do not want people dropping your mission ever as many wont bother to pick it up again. set the first objective or the mission overview panel to also include where to go.

the asteroids kind of bugged out on me. they were brown from a distance and changed to white only when i was very near. not sure if that was a one off for me or the fx was wonky for them, if it happens to you then change them as they look really odd as they change colour as you approach?

way too many ground mobs on the map. whilst they where easy, no one wants to beam down and see kill 8 mobs. if you really want 8 mobs then at least do kill 4, then some story then kill another 4, or better have a reach marker at the end of the map and just dot 8 groups onto the map. that way you dont realise you have to kill so many. many people dont like ground and it can be soul crushing to see so many ground mobs in one go.

some mobs were spaced too close together, move them out (or less groups) as i was facing two or three groups at once.

The overall story was pretty good and it was decent fun, but the ground bit just lets it down in my opinion.
if you make more then ill play them, the storyline has potential.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Thx for playing it ;-)

as for the asteroid issues, it may just be a fx problem, cuz i didnt add any, they are just the generic that came with the map, i didn't add any extra

I appreciate ur feedback
Lt. Commander
Version 1.1 of 'Reflections' has been posted. Reduced the number of ground encounters. Fixed a couple of typos.

Known issue, respawns are acting screwy on the combat ground map, and were temporarily removed. A report will be filed and they will be re-added as soon as they are working. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, altho with the balance tweaks it shouldnt be that hard.

Anyway, please give it a whirl, it's gotten good reviews and im quite proud of it ;-) (Which i would have been afraid to say b4 the good reviews ha ha)
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Is this mission intended to be played by a Terran empire character or are they the enemy?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-24-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
Is this mission intended to be played by a Terran empire character or are they the enemy?
the enemy.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Guess I'm going to be the only one who does Terran empire from their view point:p