Lt. Commander
Hello Trekker and Trekkies!

We are a little late this time, but let's now start gathering questions for the May 2011 Ask Cryptic! Please post your questions below, and DStahl will answer selected questions from the bunch.

Please remember that questions will not be answered in this thread. Your questions will be used in an upcoming Ask Cryptic Web Feature, and the answers will be posted once that article is published.

Thanks everyone!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2011, 04:55 PM
My questions:
  • Could you describe the Qo'nos neighborhood system in greater detail - what it involves for KDF players and also for Foundry use too?

• Is there a chance of having persistent zones on notable planets that fleets could develop, much like guild cities in SWG? (i.e. KDF fleet buys plot on Qo'nos and is then allowed to place/build within the plot's area in the foundry, sharing the larger world space with other players - or having open PvP zones on border worlds)?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2011, 05:02 PM
In your interview with 12th Fleet, we asked about increasing fleet size. Your answer was that the question should be about fleet alliances.

So...Are there any plans for fleet alliances, and what are those plans?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2011, 05:04 PM
What is the current status of the Andorian Kumari and Ambassador-Class ships?

Can you tell us about something we have never heard before?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2011, 05:07 PM
My Questions.

Will there ever be a way to purchase Bridge officers thats better quality than those for merits ?

forexample useing emblems to buy purple quality bridge officers ?

----

will the special limited time officers be avaiable to life time members after re airing considering we arent going anywhere unlike month per month subs users?
consider we do have alternate charakters that didnet have chance to get them.

----

Multi vector assault craft prometheus was awesome ship i like it very much for my tac but will the cooldown for the commands be shortened ? or will they be able to take more punishment.
Or will you be able to make them smarter ?

Exploration refit ship also suffers this with its saucer section flying into explodeing cubes and ships.

many times dureing pve content they go to close to explodeing ships and cubes and go booooom.
and then its on cool down.

----

4th

will a new login system be made soon ? so you can switch charakter without fully loging out ?

atm u need to log out completly and log back in to switch to another toon.

ty in advance
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2011, 05:08 PM
ETA of the new Enterprise, Ambassador class, and Andorian ship?

What kind of changes will be made to tetryon, polaron, and transphasic torpedoes to make them all more effective?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-26-2011, 05:09 PM
What are your future plans for fleets in general and when can we expect the rest of the Pre-Order items to hit the C-Store?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-26-2011, 05:10 PM
  1. Is there any chance we can have you revamp the Borg like you did with the Romulans and get rid of the "Night of the Living Dead" Borg and replace them with the Borg we remember from the shows?
  2. Will the Borg be used in any upcoming feature series?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-26-2011, 05:13 PM
1) Are there any plans to add alien species naming, allow us to name alien creations something other than just "Alien"

2) Are there any plans to allow us to create hybrid species, inter species races are something that is very much apart of star trek canon and would be neat to see in STO.

3) With the addition of the TOS interior and the TOS dressed crew, does this open up the possibility of allowing us to customize the uniforms of NPC's in other interiors.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-26-2011, 05:16 PM
A) Is there any word for future bridge packs like the ones shown in the TOS movies?

B) I know that the refit is still a touchy subject, but could you guys shed any light on what might happen? I understand that there should be obvious misgivings about the idea of the Constitution class outmatching a vessel 200 yrs new and twice its size, but a replica that's really more of an Excalibur class vessel might be able to add something to the mix. So, with that in mind

C) If there is going to be a refit system, would they act more like support craft? For instance, the constitution may be able to add something to the battle that isn't directly related to its capacity to kill or hold aggro thus adding to its usefulness in such things like STFs.
Closed Thread