Lt. Commander
# 11
04-22-2011, 10:33 PM
I like the reviews I have that say 'good misson ' and then give me 3 stars, leaving me with no clue as to what I could improve. Then the very next review had the EXACT SAME COMMENT, but gave it 5 stars. Then the other various comments that are completely positive, tell me it's fun and trek like, but still give me only 3 stars. At least it's not one star. Yet.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
I have add to warning signal in mi mission:
1) this is a Spanish mission
2) it take 40 to 50 minutes to complete.

But i keep getting 1 star because "OMG!! Your mission its not in English on a English server!!!1one1!!!1!"
"OMG!! Your mission its too looooong!one!!!1!!!" "English next time!one!!"
I would report people who did this. Use the ticket system and address it specifically to Zero, who seems to be in charge of dealing with the players about the Foundry.

In the ticket I would call it griefing and say; "I don't have a problem with people giving me 1-Star if they think my mission sucked, but this person is giving me a 1-Star because my native language is not English."

Then I would quote the appropriate portion of the EULA that mentions discrimination and protected classes.

If people are doing this on purpose then they're griefing. If they really honestly believe that what they're doing is appropriate then they're too stupid to play a multi-player game.

They responded to our complaints about all the farm/grind missions and took action, if enough of you complain perhaps they'll respond to this as well.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Be assured that i like real missions. Im not doing them for a few emblems. Fun is what im looking for. Spent more than 2 hours on my foundry daily and was very pleased.

It seems that some people are not able to read properly.
Lt. Commander
# 14 First one star!
04-23-2011, 12:46 AM
Yup I get to join the club! I earned a one star... no explanation given... if its that bad i want to know why. That way i can fix it! Plus it makes the "Star" power go down
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-23-2011, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by issoldier View Post
Yup I get to join the club! I earned a one star... no explanation given... if its that bad i want to know why. That way i can fix it! Plus it makes the "Star" power go down
Same here, my KDF mission has only been published for about 3 - 4 days and it's all ready received two 1 Star ratings with absolutely no explanation given.

Saying that, it's also received three 2 Star ratings with no explanation given, but and bare in mind it has a total of 30 ratings so fare...

Five players have rated it 3 Stars, and two of those players left comments, the first was "S" and the second was "Quite enjoyed it. I was expecting a twist right at the end..." after which I re-published it making it clear at the end that it was the first of a two part episode, by adding "To Be Continued" in the last dialog pop up (out of character).

Seven players have rated it 4 Stars, and five of those players left comments, the first was "Great mission, a couple of spelling errors, I'd have given it 5 stars if it hadn't been for those.", the second was "Very good", then "A very interesting story", followed by "nicely done mission - a little wordy in some spots for my taste - but that's just me" and lastly "Was really well done a little hard to get mission started".

Thirteen players have rated it 5 Stars, and ten of those players left comments, almost all of which give high praise, mention the detail, story, mystery, combat, non-combat, and generally give a brief description of what they liked.

Some have sent me messages giving feedback so I go back into the Foundry to address the smallest little things and I can't count the number of times I've republished the mission on both hands since I first published it.

Amazingly to me, two of the players who rated it 5 Stars were players who I bumped into on Qo'noS. I asked them if I could tag along and just hang back, let them do all the work so I wouldn't be interfering by helping. I explained that I had not had a chance to test the mission teamed up, and thanks to their help I addressed more issues I was not aware of.

It was also an incredible feeling, just holding back as an observer during the mission, watching two random players who didn't have a clue what to expect, play my mission. If you haven't had a chance to do this, I recommend you try it if you get a chance, it really does help change your perspective of your own mission.

Back to what was previously mentioned, I to agree that a rating system that focused on different elements of our missions would be much better than the general overall rating system we have now. It would also allow players to get a much better idea of what to expect before starting the mission, simply from looking at the ratings.

Let's say for example we had five rating categories, for the story, the non combat, the combat, the level of detail and for the bugs, something along these lines.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-23-2011, 03:11 AM
I'm sure if you have a quality mission it will eventually even out. I do hope that Cyptic does keep an eye out for players who one star every mission. At least you guys know now how it feels to be the Cryptic devs and have to deal with the community.

I would love it each mission had a release notes tab that explained if the mission was combat heavy, how long the mission was, if the mission was suitable for group play and when the publish date was.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-23-2011, 03:18 AM
i tend to find the people who give you 1 starts often sound like they have never tried to make a foundry mission in their life and are expecting us to be able to make mission exactly like cryptic, and are rating you down because of foundry limitations.

or often its because of their own failings at playing the game. i skinned a battleship to look like a dreadnought and then get told by someone that he had no chance of beating a dreadnought on his own and gave me 1 star, but its just a normal battleship you would face in the game.

my advice is just to ignore the 1 star ratings (unless your mission really is that bad and everybody is saying it) because you will always get them, no matter how great your mission is, someone will dislike it for any number of reasons, the majority will not be your fault.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
I would report people who did this. Use the ticket system and address it specifically to Zero, who seems to be in charge of dealing with the players about the Foundry.

In the ticket I would call it griefing and say; "I don't have a problem with people giving me 1-Star if they think my mission sucked, but this person is giving me a 1-Star because my native language is not English."

Then I would quote the appropriate portion of the EULA that mentions discrimination and protected classes.

If people are doing this on purpose then they're griefing. If they really honestly believe that what they're doing is appropriate then they're too stupid to play a multi-player game.

They responded to our complaints about all the farm/grind missions and took action, if enough of you complain perhaps they'll respond to this as well.
Thanks for the advice, i am going to start doing that. Me and the hole spanish community its really mad about this, and if the devs can do something, it would be grate.

Thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-23-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by issoldier View Post
Personally, I DO think that submitting a rating below 3 stars should require, say 150 characters of text in the comments box.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Personally, I DO think that submitting a rating below 3 stars should require, say 150 characters of text in the comments box.
Only if ratings over 3 stars have a similar requirement. ;P

There'll always be griefers, people who think it's funny to look at your hard work and rate it a 1, or who have a knee-jerk reaction and dislike something but are too lazy to bother informing you.

Honestly, I was thinking of starting a feedback thread just for reviews and test requests; there aren't nearly enough characters allowed on Cryptic's little form to do many missions justice, or to start touching on the errors in some.