Lt. Commander
# 21
04-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Personally, I DO think that submitting a rating below 3 stars should require, say 150 characters of text in the comments box.
You can't do that. Here's why:

Required Review: asdihf9pw aehfiejrnbewiofnw eojfnofiudbih asfiehifuewjb asifhewaifha sjpptgjerj;lren
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-23-2011, 08:27 PM
I wouldn't mind the ability to go in as an author and add a comment to the review. If a reviewer posts false information in the review regarding the mission, it would be nice to have the option to post a rebuttal so other people reading the reviews could have the authors point of view as well.

Just a thought...
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
I wouldn't mind the ability to go in as an author and add a comment to the review. If a reviewer posts false information in the review regarding the mission, it would be nice to have the option to post a rebuttal so other people reading the reviews could have the authors point of view as well.

Just a thought...
I've never had this problem but I do get bugs that I fixed. I try to personally mail anyone when I think I've addressed their issue.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-24-2011, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart

Just a thought...
yes i agree. its annoying when someone actually posts a review that has nothing to do with your episode. there is a bug where if you play a mission write a review, then play another the first review pops up again. unless you delete it you can accidentally post the same review for a different misison.

people have, on occasion, criticised my mission for something that was not even in there.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-24-2011, 04:07 AM
It goes the other way too, I've seen people 5 star missions that were broken, that had missing objectives that they could NOT have played because the author emaiiled me when he fixed the problem and the 5 stars were already there before I had alerted him to what was wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-24-2011, 05:00 AM
Aside from the language filter, I think a tagging/keyword system would be good.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Aside from the language filter, I think a tagging/keyword system would be good.
Tagging would be great! Although I think currently the search tab will scan through the mission info text for the searchword too.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post
I've been told my missions are too long also.

And don't you love when you get that one guy who says your mission doesn't work and gives you 1 star, when the rest of your reviews were 4-5?
I will address that "one star" for mission that don't work. There seems to be, at least after the recent patch, a few missions that became "broken". I will put a one star rating in my review if I feel that the mission may be in that state and needs to be looked at. I have thus far found that if the author simply re-publishes a mission when they are in that state that just republishing fixes the problem. In which case I replay and re-review. The fact that you were getting 4-5 stars previously and then someone states that your mission is broke should be enough for you to at least take a look. Broken missions can not be completed and therefore SHOULD recieve a one star.

This does not address the "jerk" that will just give the 1 star and say "unplayable". Those are different and little can be done about that.