Lt. Commander
Searching missions using the "Custom" field and only changing the language returns the error message
"Your search returned no results."

Can this please be fixed? It starts getting to an annoying point when I have to wade through a whole bunch of non-English missions in order to find anything interesting. I usually look at missions of the type "New" instead of others first, and right now the first 7 missions displayed are all either German or Spanish, followed by 3 English missions, then others again.

It's all nice and dandy that there are other languages too, a good feature in itself, but they do not interest me, and all it does is take away time and UI space.

Maybe also add a setting that by default only missions get displayed which are in the same language as the STO language settings? Missions in other languages then can be searched using the (fixed) Custom field.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-22-2011, 04:50 PM
I've added the failure to search by language to our bug database.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-22-2011, 05:02 PM
They're are more players who know only English than there are players who know other languages, so missions that are in English will get more reviews which means they will get taken down the list of highest rated missions quickly.

While the non-English missions will gather reviews slower and if those missions are rated reasonably high by the closer non-English speaking community, then those missions will stay up the top of the highest rated missions list.

I would also guess that there are more players only interested in bumping down missions for various reasons who only know English, than there are those who know other languages.

Just something to bare in mind, but as the OP states, fixing this bug will make a big difference, good luck bug busters!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Can we also get an option to search for space missions vs. ground missions?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor9 View Post
Can we also get an option to search for space missions vs. ground missions?
That would be nice but I think Foundry authors would have to "flag" them as such when they design them. Probably not totally hard to do....just time consuming to put it in.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-23-2011, 09:54 AM
this language and customise bug is so annoying when trying to look for a playable mission.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-24-2011, 08:41 AM
It would be nice to search foundry missions by sector as well, sort of a find what missions are closest to me type of thing...
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
* raises a glass to this fine idea.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-28-2011, 06:12 AM
Missions should definitely be filtered by language by default. It's great that there are German and Spanish missions, but I can't speak those languages, so I have no interest in them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-30-2011, 10:16 PM
I hope we'll also get to set the language while creating the mission.
If it just uses my client language I would need to change my client each time when I switch from German missions to English....