Lt. Commander
# 11
04-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Ground mechanics are being fixed within the next couple months.

As for it being repetitive, just be glad you weren't alive when this game came out. Played it everyday growing up and I still enjoy it. In fact I remember getting it the Christmas after my ninth birthday... ah, the memories...
Will see about that....

And hey that game rocks compared to STO, nothing beats mario seriously. I could play that for hours and not get bored, unlike certain other games.... *couphs*
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Will see about that....

And hey that game rocks compared to STO, nothing beats mario seriously. I could play that for hours and not get bored, unlike certain other games.... *couphs*
But you do know that playing Mario requires two skills: go right and jump.

Now, I'm not dissing Mario. Mario is awesome to the nth power. I'm just saying that the game is technically more repetitive than STO.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Quote:
But you do know that playing Mario requires two skills: go right and jump.

Now, I'm not dissing Mario. Mario is awesome to the nth power. I'm just saying that the game is technically more repetitive than STO.
Yep and you have to have very touph thumbs..pressing that flying/jump button like nuts takes a tole :p

Ohh i know your not. Ohh hellz yah! It is repetitive, but they made it so its....fun repetitive. I know that problably doesnt make sense but, some games just have that effect. You could play it non stop over and over and still enjoy it to hell. Then there is some games where.. its almost like your forced in doing something.. then it become unenjoyable.

Now your making me want my NES back
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Episode 4 is supposed to bring about some major changes but there has been no date on when we'll see this. People are saying sometime around June/July but no official word has been given. Also, based on previous Dev posts the majority of Episode 4 will be the revised ground combat. Will that be enough to make this game "not boring", i'm not so sure. The way to make this game more interesting is to:

- raise level cap
- provide more ships, playable races, items, and ways to customize
- more and better missions
- better support and tools for fleets
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan
- raise level cap
Being looked at for season 5 or 6

Quote:
- provide more ships, playable races, items, and ways to customize
Being done all the time. Oberth just came out, Bajoran Militia Uniforms just came out. TOS interiors and a whole bunch of TOS stuff came out not too long ago.

Quote:
- more and better missions
Lots been done on that already, and more will come out. In the meantime, there are some great Foundry missions.

Quote:
- better support and tools for fleets
Being worked on too.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Ground mechanics are being fixed within the next couple months.

As for it being repetitive, just be glad you weren't alive when this game came out. Played it everyday growing up and I still enjoy it. In fact I remember getting it the Christmas after my ninth birthday... ah, the memories...
I loved SMB3. I was born in 82 so I was around when that game came out.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Being looked at for season 5 or 6

Being done all the time. Oberth just came out, Bajoran Militia Uniforms just came out. TOS interiors and a whole bunch of TOS stuff came out not too long ago.

Lots been done on that already, and more will come out. In the meantime, there are some great Foundry missions.

Being worked on too.
IMO stuff that comes out in the c-store does not count. SInce thats just extra nickle and diming the playerbase which is something i totally do not agree with in a already subscription game, yes its optional, but the fact its even there makes me ill. I did hear this game is going free to play, I just hope its not Lotro or DDO's F2p where they lock out about 80% of the games content from free players.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scyris View Post

Already barely logging in due to falling asleep after playing for a bit lol. ANy advice?
Red Bull, Coffee, Pro Plus....?
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Quote:
IMO stuff that comes out in the c-store does not count. SInce thats just extra nickle and diming the playerbase which is something i totally do not agree with in a already subscription game, yes its optional, but the fact its even there makes me ill. I did hear this game is going free to play, I just hope its not Lotro or DDO's F2p where they lock out about 80% of the games content from free players.
And the reason for that is because ATARI controls Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-23-2011, 01:16 AM
Quote:
See, that's the thing. The whole 'Star Trek Online is going F2P' thing is just rumour and speculation. It's a very common rumour, and the fact Champions went F2P recently is a pretty telling sign. Personally, I agree with the rumours. I think it's only a matter of time.

But. It's still just a rumour. Cryptic spokespeople have consistently denied any plans to take STO F2P. Even if they are quietly moving in that direction under the table...I'd imagine it's in their best interest not to annoy and alienate existing subscribers.

Moreover, if you look at the F2P model being used in Champions...the whole thing seems set up to encourage free players to eventually subscribe. Which means logically, in turn, there must be some incentive to subscriptions.

Either way, it doesn't make sense for everything new to be C-store items. But tell that to Cryptic/Atari.