Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 161
05-01-2011, 10:02 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 162
05-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
New FAW IGNORES defense values... Pays no Attention to ACC ratings (it never misses)... and gives you a 280% dmg increase with version 3; heck its almost as good as Bugged versions of Delta. There ya go your up to date.

The first time you get owned by a couple kids that bought their excelsiors that day and just had the Credit Cards dinged for their first sub charge, it will all be clear to you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 163
05-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan
I've been playing PVP all weekend. There have been several PUG matches where very little FAW was used. Those were really fun because it was all about team play, tactics, and healing the DPS (me).

Then there were matches when at least 3 of the 5 players on the other team were using FAW. It makes being an escort absolutely worthless. I can go from 100% everything and get hit with FAW once or twice and i'm dead, just like that.

Then how is it that i can be in a team with x2 escorts and they might die on occasion but never come close to being one shot by a FAW using escort?

When i'm not being 1 shot killed by FAW cruisers i do very well and often top the DPS chart, it's a shame that my hours of time grinding, and tweaking my build have basically been thrown out the window.

So you don't die under focus fire from crusiers yet when you get hit as a second target by one doing the same damage you are instantly killed, honestly i don't see how the damage lvl here between being deliberately targeted and a secondary target results in one you surviving and topping the chart and the other instant kills you


These days i jump in PVP and if everyone is using FAW i just quit out.

I suspect that is not the great loss to your team you think it is

There have been moments of good solid PVP play, but those moments are getting really rare now. Of course Sci spam is annoying but it doesn't destroy the game balance, and some focus fire on a sci ship takes it out quickly enough.
pvp is dead, in fact it has got to the stage where pve might actually be more of a challenge than most players that queue up for pvp now, even if they think they are the donkey's kok. Far too many good players have left to the point you might struggle to get 2 good teams together to fight anymore and most teams have to settle for taking along players they would never have entertained before because that is all that is left
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 164
05-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Quote:
I've been playing PVP all weekend. There have been several PUG matches where very little FAW was used. Those were really fun because it was all about team play, tactics, and healing the DPS (me).

Then there were matches when at least 3 of the 5 players on the other team were using FAW. It makes being an escort absolutely worthless. I can go from 100% everything and get hit with FAW once or twice and i'm dead, just like that.

Then how is it that i can be in a team with x2 escorts and they might die on occasion but never come close to being one shot by a FAW using escort?

I didn't say an escort using a FAW, but a cruiser. And yes you can get one shotted if you get hit by FAW more than once at the same time. It's happened to me several time.


When i'm not being 1 shot killed by FAW cruisers i do very well and often top the DPS chart, it's a shame that my hours of time grinding, and tweaking my build have basically been thrown out the window.

So you don't die under focus fire from crusiers yet when you get hit as a second target by one doing the same damage you are instantly killed, honestly i don't see how the damage lvl here between being deliberately targeted and a secondary target results in one you surviving and topping the chart and the other instant kills you

I never said i didn't die under focus fire from cruisers. I think it's obvious any ship will die when under focus fire from several ships at once. Also didn't say anything about being a secondary target. Since most cruisers will try to take out the Defiant first anyways, it's doubly unfair when those cruisers are also armed with 2 versions of FAW at the same time. The point i'm trying to make, and one you can't wrap your head around is that there are those of us that do well in PVP because we've played it and tweaked our builds. It's ridiculous that FAW alone can make such a major difference and make all our efforts worthless.


These days i jump in PVP and if everyone is using FAW i just quit out.

I suspect that is not the great loss to your team you think it is

Don't think, you might hurt yourself.

There have been moments of good solid PVP play, but those moments are getting really rare now. Of course Sci spam is annoying but it doesn't destroy the game balance, and some focus fire on a sci ship takes it out quickly enough.
I disagree that it's about "skill in PVP". FAW has made skill a non-factor, which is why it's so infuriating. For cruisers this may not be such a big deal but as a Defiant escort, FAW makes a huge difference. We are already the most likely target in a battle and have to deal with mines, tractors, and basic focus fire. It makes PVP unplayable when 1-2 shots of FAW can take me from 100% health to less than 10% hull in an instant, it goes right through shields i might add. Being under fire at the same makes it impossible to recover and i die within seconds. I find it funny that the noobs are the ones fighting for FAW and downplaying its effects. There's always people that want to win the cheap and easy way. So sad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 165
05-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan
I disagree that it's about "skill in PVP". FAW has made skill a non-factor, which is why it's so infuriating. For cruisers this may not be such a big deal but as a Defiant escort, FAW makes a huge difference. We are already the most likely target in a battle and have to deal with mines, tractors, and basic focus fire. It makes PVP unplayable when 1-2 shots of FAW can take me from 100% health to less than 10% hull in an instant, it goes right through shields i might add. Being under fire at the same makes it impossible to recover and i die within seconds. I find it funny that the noobs are the ones fighting for FAW and downplaying its effects. There's always people that want to win the cheap and easy way. So sad.
You had 2 TSI cruisers healing you, that's why you didn't die. Not because they weren't using faw.

(Not saying faw isn't is op and lolwin, witch it is...)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 166
05-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamupp View Post
You had 2 TSI cruisers healing you, that's why you didn't die. Not because they weren't using faw.

(Not saying faw isn't is op and lolwin, witch it is...)
Actually i heal quite well for a Defiant. I can survive being shot at by a couple cruisers. Of course i can't take on the entire team. Having healers is an added bonus, but rarely happens in PUG matches.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 167
05-02-2011, 06:26 AM
I say, "Don't sort out BFAW".
Bring cannons up in effect to compensate under the use of CRF and let the three biggies of damage buff (CRF,BFAW,BOL) sort it out on the PvP field.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 168
05-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan
Actually i heal quite well for a Defiant. I can survive being shot at by a couple cruisers. Of course i can't take on the entire team. Having healers is an added bonus, but rarely happens in PUG matches.
Oh yeah.. 'couse me and mew (Kort and Jadzia) didn't heal you at all last night...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 169
05-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
New FAW IGNORES defense values... Pays no Attention to ACC ratings (it never misses)... and gives you a 280% dmg increase with version 3; heck its almost as good as Bugged versions of Delta. There ya go your up to date.

The first time you get owned by a couple kids that bought their excelsiors that day and just had the Credit Cards dinged for their first sub charge, it will all be clear to you.
LOL holy sh..

I thought only DCUO / *** devs broke abilities with patch releases.

I can't really remember the cryptic boys breaking anything like this before now.


Why did they change it to that?

FAW was fine before....they're probably going to overnerf it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 170
05-02-2011, 06:51 AM
You do have a point though. Using FaW some what effective doesn't require much skill but the problem of escorts dieing while puging has always been around.

You might die a bit quicker but I don't think faw has made this situation THAT much worse. I dunno though. I don't PUG enough, i guess.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:00 PM.