Lt. Commander
# 1 Copying maps across projects
04-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Is it possible and what is the quick and dirty way to do it? I just need to copy one map over from one mission to another.

DO NOT READ BELOW IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT SPOILERS TO MY PLOT LINE!!!!

I haven't tried but are planets, as objects, removable. I want to remove the planet, use an effect to shake the camera and replace the planter with a broken world. Will that work without the need to shange maps?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Check the Starbase UGC website. I believe they have a tool that you can use to do that, if I am not mistaken.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-22-2011, 09:19 PM
I've just been importing my previous mission so I have access to the maps and costumes. It's a pain in that there is much to delete, but it's the only way to carry over elements from one project to the next.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
I've just been importing my previous mission so I have access to the maps and costumes. It's a pain in that there is much to delete, but it's the only way to carry over elements from one project to the next.
I'd rather delete than have to recreate. Recreating the simple maps are easy. Costumes and more difficult maps are another thing I tend to eye ball those and some the settings are exact. Deleting may take a few minutes of my time, but nowhere as long as jumping back and forth to ensure I got my costume created correctly. And Lord knows I have no intention of recreating that city piece-by-piece.