Dates
Space
Ground
Cross Faction
KDF
FED
What
What
What do you want to see in PvP tournament building a easy and fun premade pvp tournament and want FEEDBACK PLEASE.

ONLY PEWPEWERS NEED APPLY
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-23-2011, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
Rules
Fees
Numbers
Times
Dates
Space
Ground
Cross Faction
KDF
FED
What
What
What do you want to see in PvP tournament building a easy and fun premade pvp tournament and want FEEDBACK PLEASE.

ONLY PEWPEWERS NEED APPLY
Mainly.....I would say I would like a tourny that is more about having fun then having to win at all costs.

Oh and it has to be space....lol ground.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-23-2011, 03:53 PM
pewpew

need pewpew

also needs ground.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2011, 02:32 AM
I am not sure how to interpret the post? Do you want to brainstorm how a Tournament Creation system could work? Or how the ideal tournament would look like?

Here is one thing I would like to see with a tournament:
  • A non-Premade tournament. Instead, players of all fleets and without fleet get to participate. The teams are semi-randomly determined, with a few constraints:
  • Members of the same fleet are more likely to oppose each other then end up being teamed up.
  • Previous scores are taken into account to determine team composition, so that teams with a similar experience/success ratings can enage each other.
  • Randomly drawn teams stick around for a few matches (3 or so?)
  • Tournament determines most succesful player and most succesful teams setups.

Such a system might not actually describe a tournament and more some kind of league (too many matches required for one week-end, I think.)

(The above doesn't mean that I am opposed to premade tournaments, but I think we could use some variety. Premades and randomly assorted teams require different player skills.)
Lt. Commander
# 5 Wait ......
04-24-2011, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I am not sure how to interpret the post? Do you want to brainstorm how a Tournament Creation system could work? Or how the ideal tournament would look like?
<---- Let me note this post great idea!......?......I will be sure to put this in along with the pewpew!
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-24-2011, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post

Here is one thing I would like to see with a tournament:
  • A non-Premade tournament. Instead, players of all fleets and without fleet get to participate. The teams are semi-randomly determined, with a few constraints:
  • Members of the same fleet are more likely to oppose each other then end up being teamed up.
  • Previous scores are taken into account to determine team composition, so that teams with a similar experience/success ratings can enage each other.
  • Randomly drawn teams stick around for a few matches (3 or so?)
  • Tournament determines most succesful player and most succesful teams setups.

Such a system might not actually describe a tournament and more some kind of league (too many matches required for one week-end, I think.)

(The above doesn't mean that I am opposed to premade tournaments, but I think we could use some variety. Premades and randomly assorted teams require different player skills.)
1.Premade is a random group of players that teams together and PEWPEWS the 5 ___________ (KDF/FED) other ships that they only get YES >CONSTRAINTS.

2.FIX you can JOIN with 2 teams sweet I love to try and kill Sosh.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-24-2011, 11:38 AM
no lol ground
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Rules that limit spam/lag abilities. Like bombarding a group with 2+ gravity wells so their frame rate crawls to a proverbial nothing. limiting carriers to one per group of three (3v3=1 carrier 6v6=2 1v1=1). No limits on scorpion fighters, and only limiting the mine launchers to one per ship. This is to help counter FAW as it gives FAW more targets and reduces DPS put on player ships.

And shuttle matches. We had PvP tournament last night and the funnest part was the shuttle match.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Thx for the input
04-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Rules that limit spam/lag abilities. Like bombarding a group with 2+ gravity wells so their frame rate crawls to a proverbial nothing. limiting carriers to one per group of three (3v3=1 carrier 6v6=2 1v1=1). No limits on scorpion fighters, and only limiting the mine launchers to one per ship. This is to help counter FAW as it gives FAW more targets and reduces DPS put on player ships.

And shuttle matches. We had PvP tournament last night and the funnest part was the shuttle match.
Like the idea but was thinking with KDF FED mix teaming would limit spam and Faw you would not run more then 2 carriers and on the FAW side you may not do the dps as to the carriers pet , mines
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-25-2011, 08:07 AM
I'd definitely like limitations on spam. I mean, some KT matches got ridiculous. There'd be teams where everyone would load up on a Chroniton Launcher, as well as building Scis towards perma Scramble.

I don't know how that would be implemented fairly, though. Ban mines/fighters and Scramble?