Lt. Commander
# 11
04-23-2011, 01:00 PM
I've encountered this before too. Once had a carrier, a BoP and two Vorchas try and push the guy out of the way. Sadly that just doesn't work in sector space/exploration space. I did the natural thing after that, submitted a GM/Bug ticket explaining what was going on and for someone to look at it. Naturally I got a canned response and the guy was still there last I checked. I've stopped farming on KDF, I now just transfer mats from fed to KDF when I need something made.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Regarding the OP, if you truly believe that a player is in violation of Server or Game Rules, there is a proper Reporting Process for that in lieu of posting it on the forum.

To the issue pointed out, I often go into Nebulas or where ever, and run around for both Anomalies, and Missions. If I can get between two items, a Mission, and an Anomaly, I may just sit there with Both in Range, and Re-Do the same ones over and over each time I return to Sector Space. If those items are there, I take them. No rules are being broken that I am aware of, when I personally do this, and no Botts here either.

Some players only go for the Anomalies, and not the missions. That does tick me off, but as long as they are playing legally, I just go on to the next Item I see.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
How do you know they're bots?

How do you know it's not someone that's literally sitting there chatting with their fleet, friends, dog or cat while scanning for data?

Fact is you don't. Just remember - people may look like a bot, not respond to you like a bot, but you're not a GM so they don't have to respond to ya like a human :p
Sure chat away, but that little part where the "player sits in the same place for the whole day scanning" is where your theory gets shot to pieces. It's a simple case of the law of probability I'M referring to.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Sure chat away, but that little part where the "player sits in the same place for the whole day scanning" is where your theory gets shot to pieces. It's a simple case of the law of probability I'M referring to.
Glad to say "The Law of Probability" by its very name proves nothing. It just postulates that something could happen in a certain number of events given enough events to occur. So it is possible it was/is a bot, but most likely was not. Now proof is another matter and very hard to come by.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenTen
Glad to say "The Law of Probability" by its very name proves nothing. It just postulates that something could happen in a certain number of events given enough events to occur. So it is possible it was/is a bot, but most likely was not. Now proof is another matter and very hard to come by.
O.0 Well said.
Lt. Commander
# 16 Fundary
04-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Making missions that main purpose is to give you accolade or XP most people also feel is cheating. Sadly they are very popular and get good reviews.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-25-2011, 08:36 AM
The forums are NOT the place for this. We also had a thread on this a few days ago last week.

Since players do not have the tools GMs do, please report other players via the BEHAVIOUR option in the GM reports and move on. It's never okay to post this on the forums and is considered harassment.

On Foundry missions: Please report these. Making these missions is abuse of the system and we will remove such missions and revoke publishing rights to players who make them.

Thank you.
Closed Thread